This Lucky Magic Puppy Chow is an addictive, EASY mix of Lucky Charms cereal, extra rainbow marshmallows, pretzels and a tasty white chocolate coating that ties it all together! Fast, feeds a crowd, and FUN!
I absolutely ADORE this puppy chow.
It’s easily one of the best ones I’ve made because it is teeming with mini dehydrated marshmallows in every single bite. AKA, my happy place.
St. Patrick’s Day recipes often rely too heavily on mint or booze of some kind (whiskey, Guinness, Bailey’s)… but Lucky Charms should absolutely be part of the St. Patty’s festivities. Therefore, I am hereby declaring Lucky Charms an international St. Patrick’s Day food option.
And this Lucky Magic Puppy Chow couldn’t be simpler to whip up for any St. Patty’s Day celebrations!
It starts like any ol’ puppy chow recipe: cereal, of course. But instead of Chex cereal, we’re using Lucky Charms as the main cereal choice. There’s still Chex cereal in this mix, but the Lucky Charms are definitely the star of this recipe… not the least of which are the marshmallows, which are obviously the BEST.
In addition to the cereal, you’ll also add in some pretzels. I like pretzel snaps, those grid-like square pretzels, but any pretzel should do, whether you prefer rods or mini twists.
Lastly, to jazz it up, I added in a ton of these…
I found them recently at the store on the baking aisle and I was SO excited, I bought like 5 jars. I found mine at Walmart, but you can also buy them online here! They’re just like the marshmallows in Lucky Charms: crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth, sweet vanilla marshmallows that really ramp up this puppy chow!
You’ll combine all the ingredients into a very large bowl, then melt the white chocolate candy coating in a separate bowl until it is nice and melted and smooth. Pour the white chocolate over the cereal mixture and toss to coat until everything is covered in sticky white chocolate goo 🙂 You’ll spread the mixture out onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets and top with a liberal amount of rainbow sprinkles and some more mini marshmallows.
The worst part is letting it set, but it takes a very short time (I promise!). Break them up into clusters and dive in! I dare you not to eat the entire batch!
Lucky Magic Puppy Chow
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 2 cups rice or corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels I used pretzel snaps, but rods or twists will work!
- 16 ounces (One 16-ounce package) white chocolate candy coating/bark
- 3/4 cup miniature dehydrated rainbow marshmallows
- Rainbow sprinkles
- In a very large bowl, toss together the Lucky Charms, Chex cereal, and pretzels until combined.
- In a small bowl, melt the candy coating according to package directions or until melted and smooth. Pour the melted candy coating evenly over the cereal mixture and working quickly, mix until it's fully coating the cereal. Spread the mixture evenly among two parchment paper-lined baking sheets in a flat layer. Immediately sprinkle with the remaining miniature marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles.
- Let cool and set, about 15 minutes, before breaking into clusters to serve.
I absolutely adore this addictive, delectable mix and I know you will, too.
Have a super sweet day!
Leave a Reply