Buttery, soft and chewy Cranberry Pistachio Pudding Cookies are super simple to make and are totally delicious! Not only do they look gorgeous for the holidays, they’re even tastier than they look!
Pudding cookies are my cookie secret weapon… and they should be yours, too.
It’s my go-to whenever I need a supremely soft and delightfully chewy cookie in a flash because they don’t need to be chilled. That’s a life-saver in those crucial get-me-a-cookie-or-else moments we all have. Or is that just me? Not sorry.
And I really don’t think pudding cookies will be as festive for Christmastime as this version! Green pistachio-flavored cookies studded with gorgeous ruby cranberry jewels. The combination of flavors is totally outstanding – sweet and nutty with a tangy, tart, chewy bite from the cranberries.
Plus, green and red cookies… can you get any more gorgeous for the holidays?
If you need an easy last-minute cookie on your holiday cookie tray, these Cranberry Pistachio Pudding Cookies are it!
The recipe is the same recipe you’d use for standard chocolate chip cookies: butter, brown and granulated white sugars, eggs, and vanilla. To really bring out that sweet, nutty pistachio flavor, I also added in some almond extract which adds such a lovely depth of flavor. You can omit it, but I love the richness it gives and how it enhances that pistachio flavor.
Lastly, add in your salt, baking soda, and flour… and of course, your pudding mix! Pistachio pudding mix is key here – both for the supreme flavor and the gorgeous green color. If it isn’t green enough for you (it should look a nice pale mint), you can always add in a little green food coloring to ramp it up to your desired shade.
And of course, don’t forget the jeweled dried cranberries! After all, they’re what gives these cookies that gorgeous red color flecked throughout each bite.
No chilling, no drama, no waiting, no fuss! These pudding cookies are my new holiday go-to!
Cranberry Pistachio Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- One box (One 3.4oz box) instant pistachio pudding powder just the dry mix
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together with the paddle attachment for 1-2 minutes or until creamy and combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla and almond extracts. Lastly, beat in the baking soda, salt, flour, and pistachio pudding mix slowly until incorporated into a soft dough. Fold in the dried cranberries.
- Drop rounded Tablespoon-size balls of dough 1-2" apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cool on the baking sheets before serving.
Soft, chewy, sweet and tart fabulousness that’s gorgeous to look at to boot! Love these!
Have a super sweet day!