This Lord Baltimore Lush Dessert is a unique and amazing dessert featuring soft ladyfingers, creamy vanilla pudding, chopped maraschino cherries, chewy coconut and crunchy slivered almonds! No-bake, simple and DELICIOUS!
If you forced me to tell you the best thing I ate on my Princess Cruise this past September, I hope you’d have plenty of time for me to sit and mull it over for about eleventy-thousand hours… because it’d be so hard to choose just one thing!
From the butter-poached lobster at SHARE by Curtis Stone, to the Milky Way Martini at the Crooner’s Bar on Deck 7, to the chocolate-hazelnut bar in the Michelangelo Dining Room, there was SO MUCH GOOD FOOD.
While I was wined and dined at the famed Crown Grill and had the most amazing six courses of my life at SHARE, I was also privy to the all-you-can-eat freshly fried French fries at the Trident Grill, and the wide selection of desserts at the Horizon Court Cafe.
One day, my mom decided to take a power nap while I explored the ship. I brought my DLSR and a magazine and headed out, exploring all the decks and amenities on-board the Ruby Princess. That’s when I discovered some AMAZING views from the top deck, including a miniature golf course and a walking trail. I snapped these pics there…
I tried to lay out and read my magazine by the pool, but I was seriously under-dressed for the chilly ocean breeze and plus, I was restless to try some FOOD. Princess is known for their amazing grub, so I had to explore that before I could lounge with a boring ol’ magazine.
I headed to Horizon Court Cafe and they were just setting out lunchtime treats. We’d had lunch prior so I wasn’t hungry-hungry; I was more eager to get my paws on some DESSERT, obvi. So I checked out their selection and found several things I had to try…
A slice of peanut butter pie…
A double-layer chocolate cake…
And this Lord Baltimore Cream Cake, which I was unsure about. I mean, I didn’t know who Lord Baltimore was, but he sounded delicious and I love anything with maraschino cherries… so I was game to try.
All the desserts were fabulous, but I was ENAMORED with the Lord Baltimore Cream Cake. It was like heaven had reached down into the Ruby Princess kitchen and personally touched the cake to make it extra special. It had layers of sponge cake with creamy vanilla pudding, chopped cherries, slivered almonds, and a fine dusting of coconut.
The flavors and textures combined created such a delicious dessert. I loved the pop of color from the sweet cherries, the crunch from the almonds, the chewiness from the coconut, and of course, the silky smooth pudding!
So whether or not you know Lord Baltimore, thank him because this Lord Baltimore Lush Dessert is FANTASTIC!
Lord Baltimore Lush Dessert
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- One box (One 3.4 ounce box) instant vanilla pudding mix just the dry mix
- 2 cups milk divided
- 8 ounces (One 8-ounce tub) Cool Whip thawed
- 1 jar maraschino cherries drained, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Line an 8x8" square baking dish with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil lightly with cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk to a shallow dish or bowl. Dunk ladyfingers into the milk one at a time and line up side-by-side in the pan; you should have 2 rows of about 6 ladyfingers in each row. Break apart some ladyfingers to fit if needed. Set aside briefly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 & 1/2 cups milk and the dry pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Once thickened, fold in the whipped topping until combined and smooth. Spread half of the whipped pudding mixture evenly over the ladyfingers; sprinkle the pudding layer with half of the cherries, 1/2 cup of the almonds, and 1/4 cup of the coconut.
- Repeat with remaining milk-dunked ladyfingers, pudding, and remaining cherries, almonds, and coconut. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm and set, at least 4 hours.
You’ll absolutely adore the amazing flavor and texture in this light and creamy no-bake dessert!
Have a super sweet day!
In the interest of full disclosure, I am working with Princess Cruises this year. I was generously provided with a cruise and was compensated for this post, however all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep my blog alive!