Calling all eggnog lovers! These Eggnog Crinkle Cookies are for serious ‘nog lovers: Gooey, soft and buttery with a delicious nutmeg & rum flavor!
So today is a super special day! Why?
It’s my friend Kayle’s virtual baby shower!
Kayle and I have known each other for a minute now – since 2012 or so, around the time I started making blog friends. She blogs over at The Cooking Actress and she is kinda sorta *known* for her love of all things cookie!
Long ago, I was suffering from a totally lame breakup and Kayle offered for me to stay with her at her place in NYC. I had been dying to go to NYC, so I jumped at the chance and flew out there a month later. We had never met prior but I was 99.9% sure she was a real human woman and not some hairy gecko-breeding troll in his mother’s basement. And I was right – she was a real human woman, and she quickly became a very close friend.
Now Kayle and her hubby are preggo and her little boy comes any day now, so some friends and I decided to host her a virtual baby shower since we can’t celebrate with her at her new home in Ohio.
The good thing about my recipe is that she can actually eat them while pregnant – these Eggnog Crinkle Cookies have rum extract in them for that punch of flavor, but they’re 100% booze-free without sacrificing the classic flavors of traditional eggnog. Of course, once she’s had her babe, I highly recommend she retry these with a shot of whiskey or something. You know, as a celebration of new motherhood. It’s not like she grew a human or anything.
These cookies are super soft, gooey, fluffy and ultra tender thanks to cream cheese getting beaten into the batter. And they’re made simply by starting off with a box of cake mix! There’s no chilling, minimal prep-time, and the result is a heavenly, light-as-a-feather crinkle cookie that tastes like a tall, frosty glass of eggnog.
Congrats, Kayle, on your Christmas babe! Now celebrate with a cookie 🙂
- 1 box French vanilla or white cake mix
- One 8-oz pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp butter extract
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, cream cheese, softened butter, extracts, egg, and nutmeg together with an electric mixer until combined and smooth, about 2 minutes. Dough will be sticky. Using a cookie scoop, scoop heaping Tablespoonfuls of dough out and roll into balls. Dredge the cookie dough balls in the confectioners' sugar and place 1-2" apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cookies may look under-done in the center; this is OKAY. Do not over-bake! Cool completely on the baking sheets.
I love the buttery, rummy, hint of spice flavor these soft and gloriously heavenly cookies have! I know you’re gonna love them, too 🙂
Now if you don’t mind me, I’m going to be popping over to see what everyone else brought!
Check out the rest of the baby shower recipes made by my fellow hosts!
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies – by Confessions of a Confectionista
Cookie Dough Millionaire Bars – by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Derby Pie – by The Spiffy Cookie
Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Treat Cookies – by Pies and Plots
Eggnog Crinkle Cookies – by The Domestic Rebel
Cookie Dough Cups – by The Pajama Chef
Homemade Salted Caramel Oreos – by Eats with With Others
Have a super sweet day!