Calling all ambrosia lovers! This No-Bake Ambrosia Cheesecake Pie is absolutely DIVINE. A cool & creamy cheesecake filled with fruit cocktail for a classic ambrosia flavor with a twist!
So confession: when I was making this pie, my family all rolled their eyes.
“Ambrosia is kind of… well, an oldie-timey recipe,” they said gently. “Like, only older people eat it,” they added. “I don’t think it’ll do well on your site.”
But because I’m an Aquarian I was like, thanks but no thanks for your opinion, I’m going rogue and making it anyway. Then I threw up a deuce and dropped an invisible mic while they all stared at me and wondered when the guys in white come to take me to an institution.
Growing up, we always had every holiday meal at my Grammie Pat’s house. And every. single. time. she made ambrosia. I didn’t know it as “ambrosia” though – just fruit salad, as Grammie called it. It wasn’t until I was older and received a kid’s cookbook that called it “ambrosia” and I was forever hooked on this fancy name for a not-so-fancy dish.
Sometimes Grammie would switch things up and make a mandarin orange ambrosia, or a pistachio one. Those admittedly weren’t my fave because they lacked the best part of an ambrosia: THE CHERRIES. DUH.
This pie has ALL the classic flavors of ambrosia into one unique pie that’s sure to please a crowd… and not just the more mature crowd, I promise!
Filled with fruit cocktail (with extra cherries, obvi), mandarin oranges, and pineapple, it’s creamy, cool, light & fluffy… and NO-BAKE which rocks since it’s warming up outside. I know ambrosia typically has marshmallows (at least Grammie Pat’s does!), but because I had already stuffed the insides of this cheesecake pie with fruit, I added the marshmallow creme to the whipped cream on top – oh yes I did. *invisible mic drop*
The result? Pure heaven. Grammie approves.
No-Bake Ambrosia Cheesecake Pie
- One 9" round prepared graham cracker or NIlla wafer crust
- 8 ounces (One 8-ounce package) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can fruit cocktail chopped & drained
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries chopped & drained
- 1 small can mandarin oranges chopped & drained
- 4 oz crushed pineapple drained (1/2 of an 8 ounce can)
- 1/2 tub of Cool Whip thawed (half of an 8-ounce tub)
- FOR MARSHMALLOW WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- Additional cherries shredded coconut, pecans, or marshmallows for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Beat in the chopped fruit cocktail, chopped maraschino cherries, chopped mandarin oranges, and drained pineapple until combined, about 20 seconds. Lastly, fold in the whipped topping until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set before serving.
- Before serving, make your marshmallow whipped cream: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Add in the marshmallow creme and beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe the marshmallow whipped cream on top of the pie and garnish with additional fruit, nuts, marshmallows, if using. Store in the fridge.
I love that this cheesecake pie is totally customizable! If you don’t like certain fruits in fruit cocktail, make your own blend! If your classic ambrosia had pecans, add those! It’s super easy and guaranteed to please!
Want more fruity desserts? Try these!
Have a super sweet day!