These Sweet Cream Gooey Bars taste just like sweet cream & vanilla bean ice cream in one gooey, chewy, outrageously delicious bar and are made EASY with International Delight Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer!
So for the longest time, I was a coffee faker.
What’s a coffee faker? It’s someone who says they like coffee to impress people but secretly don’t even drink it because it’s too strong. (Being a teenager is hard, okay? I had to impress people where I could… even if it was lying about a coffee obsession.)
My “coffee” was limited to frappes at the local coffee shop which didn’t even have coffee in them. I only got them because I loved all the fun flavors available.
…And then I was introduced to coffee creamers, and my life has changed dramatically for the better, obviously. I started slowly introducing coffee into my morning routine, filled with copious amounts of coffee creamer (AKA, the only way to drink coffee, in my not-so-humble opinion). And to this day, I still can’t have a cup o’ joe without having coffee creamer. It’s, well, the creamer to my coffee. The peanut butter to my jelly. The dog to my bone. You get it, right?
So I bet you’re wondering what my favorite coffee creamer flavor is… and hands-down, it’s Sweet Cream. There’s something about that vanilla-y, ice cream-y flavor that’s so irresistible to me. I just can’t have my coffee without it!
These bars are made with International Delight’s Sweet Cream Creamer IN THE FILLING which imparts such a wonderful, creamy, almost melted ice-cream flavor to these bars. Combined with vanilla bean, these bars taste like your favorite ice cream parlor’s vanilla ice cream but in a gooey, chewy bar form. SO delicious!
And if you’re looking for an awesome Easter recipe… may I suggest these bars!? Topped with a light dusting of powdered sugar and studded with fresh vanilla bean seeds, they’re elegant and perfect for a springtime fete. Serve them up on a gorgeous tiered cake stand so guests can help themselves to a piece to snack on alongside their coffee.
Enjoy, coffee lovers & fakers alike! 🙂
Sweet Cream Gooey Bars
- FOR THE BASE:
- 1 box French vanilla or white cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 large egg
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces (One 8 ounce pkg) cream cheese softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lb (One 16 ounce box) powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste or sub 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 International Delight Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Additional powdered sugar for dusting on baked bars optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13” rectangular baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix together the crust ingredients until a soft dough comes together. Press into the prepared pan in an even layer; set aside briefly.
- Cream the cream cheese until fluffy, about 30 seconds. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl if needed. Beat in the powdered sugar, followed by the creamer, melted butter, and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 37-45 minutes or until mostly set. If the center jiggles slightly, that’s okay – you don’t want to over-bake them as they’ll continue to set as they cool.
- Cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set. Dust with additional powdered sugar before serving.
Be sure to follow International Delight on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram, and sign up to receive International Delight’s emails for tips, recipes & more!
Have a super sweet day!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Pure naughty. I love it.
I am so excited for these recipes. I don’t drink coffee but I love to buy these flavored coffee creamers. And then after I buy them, I can’t figure out what to do with them. Thank you :-)!
Is that 1/3 CUP of the sweet cream?
Hi Mary, YES!
Haha, loved this article and I am a coffee faker too! I try and try to like it but I just don’t.
I’m all for these treats though.