This No-Bake Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Pie is wonderful! Smooth & creamy and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor, it’s great for spring and summertime and is entirely no-bake!
So when I was a kid, I was obsessed with the idea of being older.
My parents love telling the story that when I was 3 years old and people asked me how old I was, I would dead-pan “I’m 9.”
When I was a kid and my family & I would go out to dinner, I would always order a “virgin” strawberry daiquiri to seem like I was this experienced old soul who knew allthethings about fine alcoholic beverages.
When I was entering middle school, my new school was called a “middle school.” But because I watched Degrassi fervently, I knew some middle schools were called “junior high schools” and so therefore I told everyone I knew I was entering “junior high school” because it sounded more mature.
When I was in high school, I liked an older guy for a long time and was obsessed with the idea of looking older and more mature so he wouldn’t think I was just a dumb freshman girl with a crush.
And when I turned 18, I wanted everyone to know I was an ADULT, DANGIT, and made sure everyone knew. (Side note: I know I must be wonderful to be around. *eye roll*)
But back to my childhood days of ordering alcoholic beverages minus the booze – strawberry daiquiris were my favorite drink to order as a kid. I remember vividly going to Red Lobster with my fam and looking through their drink menu like I was some 10 year old booze-hound, poring over the pictures and descriptions of the colorful, umbrella-clad drinks. A lot of the drinks are virtually impossible to make virgin, but strawberry daiquiris were an easy one to blend up sans the booze, so it became a staple for me. It felt like such a huge graduation from childish Shirley Temples.
But as I actually became older, I stopped ordering fancy bar drinks and settled for plain ol’ Diet Cokes and iced teas. Now that I’m 26 and trying to slow down time, I barely order alcohol anymore because I’d rather spend the extra cash on a bangin’ dessert instead.
To be honest, in the last 15 years I’ve forgotten about strawberry daiquiris until recently when I was grocery shopping. I spotted the frozen strawberry daiquiri drink mix in the freezer case and instantly those memories rushed back to me like the flood gates had opened. There I was, a freak holding a strawberry daiquiri frozen drink mix having a reverie in the frozen foods aisle of Safeway, thinking about ways to use this drink mix when it hit me: PIE.
This pie is such a cinch to whip up and is SO tasty. It’s creamy, smooth, flavorful and fresh and tastes amazing frozen or chilled in the fridge, though it’s required to be frozen to set at first. I topped mine with dollops of fresh whipped cream, but this would be excellent drizzled with chocolate sauce, additional strawberry sundae sauce, or even white chocolate. The world’s your oyster, kid.
Now let’s all take a bite and reminisce about our childhoods, ‘kay?
No-Bake Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Pie
- One 9" Nilla Wafer pie crust
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces frozen strawberry daiquiri drink mix slightly thawed
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- One 8-ounce tub Cool Whip thawed
- Additional whipped cream and fresh strawberries for garnish optional but recommended
- Cream the cream cheese, condensed milk, strawberry daiquiri drink mix and strawberry extract together with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended, about 30 seconds. Continue beating for 2 more minutes until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Fold in the Cool Whip until mixture is fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top. Carefully place in the freezer and freeze until firm and solid, about 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with additional whipped cream and halved strawberry slices, or serve with chocolate or white chocolate sauce. You may store the pie in the freezer for about 1 week (the fresh berries on top may not last that long), or keep covered in the fridge for about 1-2 days.
I love how creamy, fabulous and utterly delicious this pie is! I took it to my apartment manager’s office and it went fast. It’s a total hit!
Have a super sweet day!