These Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bars are such a fun new way to enjoy the season’s favorite sweet: peppermint bark!
So have you noticed nowadays during Christmas season, everything is peppermint barkified?
And now here I am, giving you more peppermint barkified treats. I’m not sorry.
But I think those peppermint bark purveyors are onto something: the stuff is seriously addictive, and nothing seems more wintry and delicious this time of year than the good ol’ P.B. (That’s not peanut butter, just FYI).
I got the idea to make this cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory because they have their own version of this P.B. goodness in the restaurant this time of year. When I took a bite, it was like heaven’s gates opened and angels sang – seriously life-changing.
But if your Cheesecake Factory is like mine, it’s a little pricey, AND it’s smack dab in the middle of the biggest mall in the area. Which means it’s smack dab in the middle of the worst parking lot in the area. During Christmas. I’ll let you figure it out.
So clearly jumping in the car, braving the crowds and finding a parking spot just for a piece of peppermint bark cheesecake isn’t in the cards. So I resorted to making my own… and I’m glad I did!
This comes from my Perfect Cheesecake Bars recipe, which I recommend you make if you’ve never tried it. Honestly, I prefer making cheesecake bars over an entire pan of cheesecake because A) they’re so much easier, and B) portion control! But if you’re a cheesecake connoisseur and prefer big ol’ pans of cheesecake, go ahead and make this into a larger cake. Just don’t blame me when you face plant the entire thing.
And since it’s less than a week to Christmas, you have plenty of time to make a test batch to enjoy before the big day! YOU’RE WELCOME.
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bars
- FOR CRUST:
- 20 Oreo cookies finely crushed into crumbs
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- FOR CHEESECAKE:
- 2 (8 oz pkgs EACH) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped peppermint bark pieces
- Whipped cream crushed candy canes and peppermint bark pieces for garnish, optional but recommended
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8" or 9x9" square baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter, stirring until moistened. Press into the prepared pan in an even layer. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, but keep oven on.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and peppermint extracts, beating well. Lastly, add in the sour cream and beat well. Fold in the peppermint bark pieces.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and continue baking for 35-40 minutes or until the center is just about set and not sloshing around in the pan; if it jiggles a little, that's okay. Cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
Creamy, smooth and studded with real peppermint bark pieces, this cheesecake may be my new favorite flavor!
Have a super sweet day!