This Brownie Brittle Peppermint Bark is a fun twist on a classic! Instead of solid chocolate, this special bark has a BROWNIE BRITTLE filling and is topped with lots of crushed candy canes. A triple dose of chocolate in one addictive and easy bark!
Can we talk minor pet peeves for a moment?
(I know, sorry. If you don’t want to hear me whine and cry, keep scrolling. And don’t complain about having to scroll, because I do not care. Thanks!)
When people I don’t know find out I have a food blog, naturally they have some questions. Those questions usually are:
How are you not 3457743 pounds?
Do you sell your stuff?
So… how do you even make money?
To which I happily reply:
I honestly do not know.
No, because in the pictures I take, you only see the nice few goodies. The rest are lop-sided, ugly, crackly, messy whatever. Or edge pieces, which I generally hate photographing. Little known secret.
I make money through a variety of sources. Namely, working with brands and through ads on my blog.
I really do not mind answering these questions; admittedly, my job is kind of odd because making money off of a website is still kind of a foreign concept. But what I do mind is when people think because I work from home that my job is just a “cute little hobby” or I can dog-sit for people who live two towns over or I sit around watching Real Housewives all day long.
Um. Not quite.
Yes, I do usually watch the newest Real Housewives episode on my lunch break, which I take later in the day since I can’t step away from the kitchen on recipe days, or away from the camera on photo shoot days. Sure, I could set a doctor’s appointment in the morning when everyone else is at their job, and yes, I sometimes have the entire Target to myself on weekday early afternoons. BUT, I still work. And like, a lot of work.
Work never ends, but you know what? I love it. And you know something else? It was a hobby… but now it’s a full-time job. And I am SO blessed and flummoxed that I can do this as a full-time career. But no, I cannot watch your dog all day long, I cannot run and get your prescriptions from the pharmacy, I cannot sit all day long watching soap operas (as much as I’d love to). Even though I wear yoga pants and slippers most days for “work”, I’m still working.
Phew. That was cathartic.
Now that that’s out of the way, can we talk about my latest career move? Turning Brownie Brittle into PEPPERMINT BARK!!
This is a genius call on my part, I have to say. You’ve (I’m sure) seen Oreo peppermint bark, or the like. That’s fine and dandy, of course. But adding Brownie Brittle to the candy is a total GAME CHANGER.
And so, so exceptionally easy.
Make it today and thank me later!
Brownie Brittle Peppermint Bark
- 1 (10 oz pkg) Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers (in the baking aisle. If you cannot find these, substitute with a package of candy coating, like CandiQuik or Almond Bark)
- 1 pkg Brownie Brittle
- 1 (10 oz pkg) Ghirardelli vanilla melting wafers (see Note above)
- 2 cups candy cane pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In two medium bowls, melt the melting wafers separately according to package directions or until smooth and melted.
- Pour the dark chocolate in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Immediately top with pieces of the Brownie Brittle. Pour the white chocolate over the Brownie Brittle chocolate layer and spread out to the edges to coat the brittle completely. Immediately top with a liberal amount of candy cane pieces.
- Allow the bark to set at room temperature for about 30 minutes or in the fridge for about 15 minutes before cutting into pieces.
So easy, so fantastic, so pepperminty and perfect for the holiday season!
Have a super sweet day!
Leave a Reply