Attention all frosting fans! This Buttercream Frosting Fudge tastes just like buttercream frosting but in FUDGE form! Three-ingredients, made in minutes & so easy!
Are you a frosting person, or a vessel person?
I say ‘vessel person’ because frosting is on everything these days: cookies, cakes & cupcakes, whoopie pies, brownies…
I’m gonna be a brat right now, but why can’t we just have the vessel without frosting? Sometimes I just want a fudgy brownie with no frills. Or a sugar cookie that’s gone nudist. Or a cupcake that’s au naturel. Is that too much to ask?!
But, I know I am in the minority. Like, the minority of minorities. Because everyone loves frosting, right?!
My Mom could eat just a batch of buttercream frosting without a vessel needed – give her a spoon and the frosting and she’s happy. At kiddie birthday parties, I’d always scrape all of the frosting off of my cake and eat the plain cake, leaving that pile of sugar sludge to sit unwanted on the side until my Mom swooped in and scraped it up for herself.
So if you are like my Mom and could take an IV with a can of buttercream, you will thoroughly enjoy this Buttercream Frosting Fudge. It tastes just like buttercream frosting because it’s made with buttercream. AND! there’s only 3 ingredients, 4 if you count the sprinkles (but in my world, sprinkles don’t count as an ingredient because I put them on everything & basically carry a bottle in my purse for emergencies).
The frosting is super simple: melt a 12-ounce bag of white chocolate chips until smooth, then fold in a can of buttercream frosting – for this, I used vanilla (but of course). Fold it into the white chocolate with a splash of vanilla extract and spread the shebang into a foil-lined pan. Sprinkle the top liberally with your favorite sprinkles – I used Christmas-y ones here! – and let it chill in the fridge for a couple hours.
Easy. As. That.
Frosting people: this one’s for you!
3-Ingredient Buttercream Frosting Fudge
- 1 (12 oz bag) white chocolate chips
- 1-2 Tbsp heavy cream may not need it
- 1 (16 oz can) vanilla buttercream frosting
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkles if using
- Line an 8x8" square pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the white chocolate chips at 15-second increments on HIGH power until melted and smooth. If the mixture starts to get really thick and pasty, add in the cream. Do not over-heat. Alternatively, using the double-boiler method, place a pot of simmering water on medium-low heat and place a glass bowl on top, taking care to ensure the bowl does not touch the water. Melt the white chocolate over the double boiler until smooth, then proceed with the recipe as stated.
- Fold in the vanilla extract and can of buttercream frosting until blended. Mixture will be very thick. Spread into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top. Top liberally with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or until firm before cutting into squares.
Smooth, creamy, chewy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! This fudge will be the star of the show this holiday season!
Have a super sweet day!