This Pumpkin Pie Lush Dessert is marvelous! Layers of pecan shortbread cookies, fluffy pumpkin spice pudding, creamy whipped topping and chopped pecans make for a delectable, easy, no-bake dessert!
If you know me, you know I love my lush desserts!
There’s something so fabulously easy and tasty about lushes. Or lush? Is it like ‘fish’ where the singular is also the plural? Lushies? That sounds terrible. I’ll stop.
It starts with a no-bake cookie crust that’s pressed into the pan and makes for a killer first layer. Then you mix up your favorite flavor of pudding (in this recipe, we use the seasonal pumpkin pudding mix!) and spread that goodness on top. Then finish it off with whipped cream (or Cool Whip if you’re fancy like me) and additional sprinklage – in this case, chopped pecans for some crunch, but to also tie in with the pecan shortbread cookie crust.
And y’all. This lush tastes just like a pumpkin pie but better, because cookie crusts rule all the land.
With holidays coming up quick, you’ll want to bookmark this recipe for your dessert spread! This would be a fabulous no-bake alternative to pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, or any other day this fall that you are craving something fluffy, creamy, light, and ultra pumpkin-y.
***NOTE: Some people are having trouble finding the pumpkin instant pudding. It is seasonal, so that could be a problem. HOWEVER, you can use the following substitution: Substitute the pumpkin instant pudding for a box (3.4-3.9 oz) INSTANT vanilla pudding. Prepare with the milk and whisk in 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, depending on how pumpkin-y you want it. Also whisk in 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice to add more pumpkin flavor. Fold in the Cool Whip and follow the rest of the instructions.***
Pumpkin Pie Lush Dessert
- 1 (11.3 oz package) pecan sandie cookies coarsely crushed
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 box instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (16 oz container) Cool Whip thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Grease a square 8x8" pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, toss together the coarse crumbs and melted butter until moistened. Press into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk and pumpkin pie spice until thick, about 1 minute. Fold in 2 cups (8 oz) of the Cool Whip until combined. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan on top of the crust layer.
- Top the pumpkin layer with the remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until set.
Creamy, smooth and topped with toasty pecans, this is an excellent fall-inspired dessert!
Have a super sweet day!