These Ghostly Chocolate Greek-Style Yogurt Parfaits are so fun for the upcoming Halloween holiday! Made simple with The Greek Gods Chocolate Strawberry Greek-Style Yogurt and a few creative twists to make a scary-good parfait!
Halloween – one of my favorite holidays! In the olden days, I was so excited to dress up that I’d actually wear my costume to school. I remember scarfing down dinner in anticipation for trick-or-treating and getting all that glorious candy.
Now that I’m older, I love seeing the different costumes as they come to the front door. Conversely, I also love having the night off to enjoy the candy myself as I curl up with a scary movie. Either way, there’s candy and I’m happy.
Despite the fact that I don’t have kids (well, I do, but they have four or fewer legs and no opposable thumbs), I don’t really have anyone to decorate with or make cute Halloween crafts for. But, I know a lot of people who read this blog do, so this Halloween treat is perfect for you and your children!
These Ghostly Chocolate Greek-Style Yogurt Parfaits are so delicious and so simple, it’s scary J The parfaits are made with – you guessed it – Greek-style yogurt, but not any kind. It’s made with The Greek Gods Chocolate Strawberry Greek-Style Yogurt which is INCREDIBLE. It tastes just like chocolate-covered strawberries and has that same Greek-style yogurt texture we know and love.
In general, The Greek Gods’ Greek-Style Yogurt is ultra creamy and rich, and the addition of chocolate adds such a delicious indulgence. It’s packed with all the good stuff you look for, too, like live & active cultures and made without rBST and rGBH hormones. And it’s gluten-free and an excellent source of calcium. The best part, though? The FLAVOR. While it’s the star in this recipe, it would be equally fantastic in smoothies, cakes & cupcakes, even banana bread. (Hey, that’s actually a great idea…)
So to make these spooktacular parfaits, simply fold an entire container of Chocolate Strawberry Greek-Style Yogurt into some fresh whipped cream until it’s all combined. This adds wonderful texture and makes the yogurt even more light & fluffy.
Spoon the Greek-style yogurt into parfait glasses and top with crushed chocolate cookie “dirt” and optional (but extra scary!) bone shaped sprinkles. The final touch? A chocolate-covered strawberry ghost which adds a ghoulish touch.
Whether you still dress up for Halloween or not, these parfaits are perfect for any age and are a great way to kick off this terrifyingly fun holiday!
- 1 (24 oz) container The Greek Gods Chocolate Strawberry Greek-Style Yogurt
- 2 cups of freshly whipped cream
- 1 pkg chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 pkg vanilla almond bark
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Eyeball sprinkles
- Chocolate chips
- Bone sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, add the Greek-style yogurt and the whipped cream. Using a rubber spatula, fold the mixture together until combined. Refrigerate while preparing the rest of the parfaits.
- Melt the vanilla almond bark according to package directions, or until smooth and melted. Dip the strawberries, one at a time, into the almond bark mixture and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Working quickly, adhere two eyes using the eyeball sprinkles and a round chocolate chip mouth. Repeat with remaining strawberries. Allow the strawberries to set, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble, fill a parfait glass with 1 cup of the Greek-style yogurt mixture. Top with ½ cup of crushed cookies. Sprinkle with bone sprinkles, if using, and garnish with one or two strawberry ghosts. Serve immediately, or store leftover fluff covered in the fridge. Would also make an excellent fruit dip!
It’s almost scary how EASY these Ghostly Chocolate Greek-Style Yogurt Parfaits are!
Have a super sweet day!
In the interest of full disclosure, this is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own and I was compensated for this post. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep my site alive and running!