This Peanut Butter Cup Pumpkin Pie Cake is such a fun combination between creamy pumpkin pie and fluffy cake with delightful peanut butter cup flavor!
So if you’re on Facebook, you may have noticed a bunch of videos floating around for Pumpkin Pie Crunch Cake. Essentially, it’s a pumpkin pie base sprinkled with cake mix and melted butter and topped with crunchy pecans.
And it looks fabulous.
All these videos are going crazytown on Facebook right now because it’s fall and everyone’s going bonkers for pumpkin. (I mean, who doesn’t go bonkers for pumpkin?) Plus, the promising idea of pumpkin pie and cake worlds colliding? Simply beautiful.
So I figured I wanted a piece of the pie – er, cake – by making my own version of this infamous cake. Except my version is loaded with peanut butter candy goodness.
I’ll let that ruminate for a sec.
Back with me? Good. Because you’ll want to give this cake a try. If, ya know, you’re bonkers for pumpkin and peanut butter.
Now, before you naysayers come in and say pumpkin and peanut butter don’t go together, I implore you to please give it a try. Trust me, it is good stuff.
So this cake is really a cinch to make and I have a feeling you’ll be making it all fall-long. Well, you should be making it all fall-long, but that’s only because I’m right about everything. Natch.
For the base of the cake, you’ll whisk together some pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice – just like you were making a pie. But instead of pouring it into a pie crust, you pour it into a greased 13×9″ baking pan.
Then you sprinkle the yellow cake mix all over the top of that goodness. Yup, you read it right – just the cake mix. Plain ol’ powdery cake mix. Nothing else, ‘kay? After you sprinkle all that stuff on top, top it with melted butter. Lots of melted butter, preferably. And then you’ll add a handful (or two. or five) of miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, mini Reese’s Pieces, and peanut butter chips for good measure.
Bake it up and you’ll have this.
And trust me, it’s glorious.
Peanut Butter Cup Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 1 (15 oz can) pumpkin puree (just the puree, NOT the pie filling)
- 1 (12 oz can) evaporated milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box yellow cake mix just the dry powder mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
- 2 cups chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Mini Cups
- 3/4 cup miniature Reese's Pieces candies
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Whipped cream and additional Reese's Pieces candies for garnishing if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, eggs and vanilla with a whisk until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan. Top with the dry yellow cake mix, sprinkling evenly over and entirely covering the top of the pumpkin pie layer. Drizzle the yellow cake mix layer with the melted butter. Top with scattered handfuls of the mini chopped peanut butter cups, miniature Reese's Pieces, and peanut butter chips.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 50-55 minutes or until the center is mostly set - it may wiggle slightly but you do not want to overbake it. Cool it completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set before cutting into slices. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and additional Reese's Pieces candies, if desired.
Sweet, spicy and packed with peanut butter cup goodness! You won’t find another awesome cake mash-up like this!
Have a super sweet day!