Sweet and salty lovers, rejoice! These Ruffles Krispy Treats are AWESOME. Made with salty, crunchy Ruffles potato chips instead of the classic cereal, they’re gooey, crunchy, sweet and salty… and totally perfect!
So I had planned to have a really relaxing Labor Day Weekend. Instead, I had a laborious Labor Day Weekend.
I didn’t hit up any hot sales at the mall. I didn’t lounge by the pool with a fruity drink. There were no mini beverage umbrellas. There was no lake/beach/river day. It was all WORK.
If I wasn’t baking, I was photographing. And if I wasn’t photographing, I was trying to organize my prop room unsuccessfully. I finally caved and bought those steel 5-tier bakers racks to assemble and use to organize all my props. You know you’ve made it big when…
So now my prop room is all pretty and organized which feels awesome. My back and knees, however, do not feel awesome. And if you’ll excuse me, I have a much-needed massage booked today. I’ll let myself out, thanks.
But before I go, I wanted to make sure you guys knew about these Ruffles Krispy Treats. They’re kinda sorta my new favorite thing ever.
If you know me, you know I love sweet and salty combined. Chicago-style popcorn is my jam. Salted caramel is my homeboy. And thus, these krispy treats are now my newest BFF.
I started thinking that you don’t have to make krispy treats with the cereal. I mean, you could, but why would you want to be a rule-follower when you could be a rebel? (See what I did there? Sorry).
So I did exactly that and made classic krispy treats with Ruffles potato chips, because I’m rebellious like that. The result is a crunchy, crispy, gooey, sticky, sweet & salty fabulousness that can only be described as me screaming “MAKE THEM NOW” (or was it ‘take them now?’) with a mouthful of them.
Be a rebel!
Ruffles Krispy Treats
- 1 family-size (13.5 oz) bag of Ruffles potato chips
- 10 cups miniature marshmallows 1 bag, plus 2 additional cups
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, crush the potato chips in bite-sized pieces. Just make sure they aren't teeny finely ground crumbs, but no huge pieces of chips either. If anything, err on the smaller size. Toss in 2 cups of the miniature marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pot, melt together the butter and remaining 8 cups of the marshmallows, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the crushed chips. Toss to coat until moistened, and working quickly, pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Grease the bottom of a glass cup and gently compact it into the prepared pan.
- Let set for about 1 hour at room temperature. Store leftovers airtight at room temperature.
If you’re a sweet and salty fan, you guys must give these krispy treats a try!
Want more sweet & salty deliciousness? Check out these other posts!
Have a super sweet day!