It may not be close to Thanksgiving, but save this No-Bake Pumpkin Marshmallow Pie just in case – it’ll come in handy when your oven is full!
So I need to work on my assertiveness.
Specifically, when out shopping and the salespeople can smell my passiveness from a mile away.
But first, a little lesson in Hayley: I dislike authority, and I really dislike being told what to do. Well, okay – it depends on the person and what they’re asking me to do. If it’s my Mom telling me to do the dishes, I’ll do it without so much as an exasperated sigh. If it’s some random person telling me I “need” to do something, I’ll roll my eyes internally and start clenching my fists because nobody tells me what I do.
I don’t really know where this came from – my parents are both pretty obedient, and they’ve obviously kept their jobs for years and years. Then there’s me: fired from several jobs because I question authority and hate having my creativity and expression stifled. Thank god I am my own boss now!
And when someone tells me I should do something, I instantly put up my defenses. It’s not pretty.
Anyway, I was out shopping a couple days ago for pet food. Normally I love the place I go – everyone’s super friendly and chill, and they are always quick to help me out when I need it. But there are two people there who just live by their title as salesperson through and through and are so pushy with whatever they’re trying to sell. It got to the point where I literally felt backed into a corner while they berated me about flea and tick preventative, which my pets are on diligently since bugs will institutionalize me if I see them in my home.
That’s where I need Assertive Woman (like Super Woman, but more assertive… duh) to swoop in and metaphorically kick some ass and take some names. To politely but firmly squash any doubt on my part, and to politely but firmly let the pushy salespeople that they can hit the road because I’ve got this.
Sooo… anyone have an Assertive Woman they want to lend me for a little bit?
Anyways, the only time I’m assertive is when it comes to food. Sometimes I’m not fun to be around if I’m hungry and people are lolligagging, because I will always be the one tapping my foot and huffing and puffing about getting food. DON’T MESS WITH MY STOMACH, PEOPLE.
Thankfully, I was home alone when this pie was made, so I had plenty of time with me, myself, and pie.
I actually made a video on Instagram Stories about how to make this pie. It’s only 5 simple ingredients and it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Easy, fabulous and no-bake for days when it’s too hectic to turn on the oven.
NOW EAT IT. 🙂
- 1 prepared 9" graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow fluff/creme
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Additional whipped cream for topping just before serving
- In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and marshmallow fluff until the mixture is pale orange and has combined. Fold in the Cool Whip until uniform in color and fully incorporated, making sure to get the bottom of the bowl folded in.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pie. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 6 hours or overnight, or until set.
- Just before serving, cut into wedges and serve with additional whipped cream and/or cinnamon sugar.
Fluffy, light and totally pumpkin-packed, this pie is a cinch to make and will make your holidays way easier!
Have a super sweet day!
Want more pumpkin goodness? Check out these other pumpkin recipes!