You read that right: these No Bake Cookie Dough Brownies are entirely no-bake! The oven isn’t turned on ONCE. The fudgy brownie base, the gooey egg-free cookie dough and the rich chocolate ganache are all no-bake!
It’s Wednesday! But not just any Wednesday.
It’s the Wednesday after my book’s official release! (That was yesterday, August 2, 2016!)
I feel like a new mom who has to capture and document every single “first” with my book. First time I held my book, first time I read my book, first time I baked from my book, first time my book made TV, first time my book made print, first time it was on shelves…
All with pictures of me looking totally deranged and goofy, but purely happy and oblivious to anyone around me who may be questioning why is that tattooed girl holding a cookbook and smiling like a maniac in this Barnes & Noble?
Anyway, the book should have shipped from anywhere and everywhere, so if you pre-ordered it, I hope you get it ASAP! And if you happened upon it in stores and purchased it, I hope you’re enjoying every second of it! I truly put my heart and soul into every recipe, story, picture, everything. And it means the world to me that you purchased it!
So yeah, I’m eagerly awaiting the book’s arrival on everyone’s doorsteps. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT!
But in a way I’m also kind of scared. Like, will I feel how celebrities feel when I read my reviews on Amazon? Will it be likened to paparazzi saying “she gained 10 pounds!” or whatever, except with people saying, “I hate this book; I gained 10 pounds!”? Or worse: this book is gross? I mean, I edited the recipes including cricket flour down to less than five, and there are minimal hot dog desserts in the book so I think we should be good with avoiding the whole ‘gross’ factor 🙂
Either way, I’m going to be stuffing my face senseless with these No Bake Cookie Dough Brownies while the comments roll in.
No Bake Brownies are my new favorite thing to make. For one, they’re SO easy, and for two, it still blows my mind that they’re super fudgy and rich but entirely no-bake. And of course, this version has an egg-free cookie dough topping that’s just to-die for. And chocolate ganache. Because any time you eat your feelings, there has to be ganache involved.
So yeah. Write a nice review and I’ll make you a brownie?
No Bake Cookie Dough Brownies
- FOR BROWNIES:
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 oz jar) marshmallow fluff
- 1 (15 oz pkg) Oreo cookies ground into a fine powder (filling and all)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- FOR COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour cook it if you're worried about eating raw flour, or use almond meal or another flour substitute
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- FOR GANACHE:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Line an 8x8" or 9x9" square baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the evaporated milk, chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff until smooth. While it melts down, in a large bowl, combine the powdered sugar and Oreo crumbs. Pour the chocolate/mallow mixture over the Oreo crumb mixture and stir to combine. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer, using an offset spatula if needed. Refrigerate while preparing the cookie dough topping.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar, about 1 minute. Add in the vanilla and heavy cream, beating well. Lastly, add in the salt and flour, until combined and a soft dough forms. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough mixture evenly over the brownie base, gently smoothing it out into an even layer. Refrigerate while you make the ganache.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH power for about 20-25 seconds. Stir, then microwave for another 10-15 seconds or until smooth and melted. Pour over the cookie dough layer and smooth out the top. Top with additional mini chips, if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm up.
Thick, chewy, rich and gooey, these cookie dough brownies are everything & more!
Have a super sweet day!