It’s MONDAY, so how about we celebrate with this Triple Chip Cookie Cake!? Loaded with white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and dark chocolate chips and topped with a buttery chocolate frosting, it’s perfect for any chocolate chip cookie lover!
So I’ll get straight to the point today: if you like pina coladas – I mean – if you like chocolate chip cookies, you absolutely must make this cookie cake! It’s soft, chewy, and filled with triple the chips!
The days of eating cookies with a single chip are long gone. It’s 2016 – up your cookie game!
Allow me to break down the anatomy of this amazing cookie cake:
This is the same recipe as my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies except with a few little tweaks. It’s just like your usual chocolate chip cookie recipe – butter, sugars, vanilla, eggs, flour – and with a couple little differences that make it amazing. Things like: adding an extra egg yolk for moisture and richness. Adding in cornstarch to make these fluffy and chewy without being cakey. And of course, triple the chips, DUH.
For this cookie cake, I love using Guittard Chocolate Chips. It’s local to Sacramento (it’s made in the Bay Area of California) and I find that when you’re making a chocolate chip-based recipe, why not splurge for the highest quality chocolate chip you can find? I prefer Guittard, but if you can’t find it, I also love Ghirardelli!
Blend everything together and stir in your chips, then press it into the greased pan. For this, I used a greased round springform pan, but you can absolutely use a round pie pan if you don’t have a springform pan!
Once it’s baked, golden and utterly perfect, you’ll ramp it up a notch with a glossy and rich chocolate frosting and a little sprinkling of miniature chocolate chips.
And voila! All that’s stopping you from face-planting a gigantic cookie is willpower. Or if you’re like me, you’ll just face-plant it anyway because willpower is not in your vocabulary.
Now who’s ready to face-plant?
Triple Chip Cookie Cake
- 3/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips I like Guittard, but Ghirardelli works too!
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- FOR FROSTING & TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Miniature chocolate chips for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9" springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until blended, about 1 minute. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat until combined. Lastly, add in the salt, baking soda, cornstarch and flour and beat until a soft dough has formed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer. Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and the center appears mostly set. If it's still gooey looking, that's okay - you do not want to over bake. But if it's sloshing around in the pan, bake it for another 5-10 minutes if needed. Cool in the pan completely, then gently release the cookie cake from the pan.
- To make the frosting, in a large bowl, beat together the butter, cocoa powder and vanilla until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and cream and beat until smooth and creamy. Pipe around the perimeter of the cookie cake and immediately top with a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles. Serve!
Gooey, chocolaty, soft and chewy, this cookie cake is for serious chocolate chip cookie fans only!
Have a super sweet day!