I’m so excited to be bringing you this creamy, outrageously chocolaty Brownie Batter Cheesecake today!
This recipe comes from my dear friend Julianne’s brand spankin’ new cookbook, No Bake Treats! If you know me, you know I love to bake (uh, this blog should make that obvious). But in the summertime, it’s often really hard for me to justify turning on the oven when it’s so dang hot outside.
Enter: No Bake Treats. This book is a culinary godsend, folks. A beacon of light and hope in the miserable summer months. A talisman to guide you through life, one no-bake cheesecake or parfait at a time.
And when I got my hands on this book, I immediately marked most of the pages with Post-Its about what I needed to make rightnow. And duh, this Brownie Batter Cheesecake was number one… but there are so many I’m dying to whip up. Things like… Chocolate Stout Dirt Pudding (a grown-up version of your fave childhood treat!), Coconut Lime Cookie Truffles, German Chocolate Cookie Cups, No-Churn Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Ice Cream, and Salty Chocolate Bacon Mini Tarts (!!), just to name a few.
But being a die-hard brownie batter lover, I knew this cheesecake had to be made asap.
The cheesecake is such a cinch to prepare! Simply make your Oreo cookie crust in a springform pan. Press it in there real good-like, and let it set for a hot minute while you prepare your filling. (If you’re in a pinch or don’t have a springform pan, use a prepared Oreo pie crust!).
To make the filling, whip together some cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cream and dry brownie mix. The whole thing goes from good to AMAZINGLY GREAT in seconds with the addition of that brownie mix, creating a sinfully chocolaty cheesecake mixture. Pour that bad boy into the prepared pan and let it chill for a couple hours in the fridge.
Once it’s ready for its debut, pipe on some fresh whipped cream and garnish it with her brownie batter glaze. YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT. Like chocolate syrup on crack, I pretty much need an IV of brownie batter glaze from this point forward.
And voila! Brownie Batter Cheesecakey goodness. YOU ARE WELCOME.
*created with permission from Julianne Bayer’s book No Bake Treats
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 & ½ cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups brownie mix (just the dry mix)
- FOR THE BROWNIE BATTER GLAZE:
- 3 Tbsp dry brownie mix
- 3 tsp oil
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Spray a 9" springform pan with cooking spray, then gently blot the cooking spray with a paper towel. In a large bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and the melted butter until moistened. Press into the prepared springform pan to form a crust, and work the crumb crust up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until it's light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and combine. Next, add in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the dry brownie mix, beating on medium speed until the dry mixture is completely incorporated into the cheesecake mixture. Pour the filling into the prepared pan and smooth out the top gently. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl whisk together the dry brownie mix, oil and heavy cream until smooth. For a slightly thinner glaze, add additional heavy cream. Drizzle the glaze over the cheesecake and/or on the plates before plating the cheesecake.
- To make the whipped cream, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed for 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Pipe onto the cheesecake in a decorative design around the edge of the cheesecake, or serve alongside the cheesecake.
Fudgy, smooth, silky and packed with amazing flavor, this cheesecake tastes just like brownie batter!
Be sure to pick up Julianne’s book, No-Bake Treats, ASAP! You can pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and QVC! And be sure to hop on over to her blog, Beyond Frosting, for more amazing, drool-worthy desserts!
Have a super sweet day!
*this post does not contain affiliate links