I hope y’all had a lovely Fourth of July extended weekend!
We did – mostly. Mannie, my three-legged Border Collie, is still very much scared of the fireworks and some idiots down the street had illegal fireworks that they were letting off at 10pm on the 3rd. To say I was livid was an understatement – I could practically feel my blood at boiling temps as I tried to calm down my sweet kiddo.
But all in all, no complaints! Mostly because I had these Caramel Macchiato Frozen Hot Chocolates to drink all weekend long… which may or may not have been spiked. We may never know.
I do want to elucidate some more about how much I adore this Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe. It truly could not be any simpler to whip up and it tastes SO outstanding! Creamy, icy, freezy goodness that’s uber chocolaty and rich but still refreshing and cool. Like a mixture between a slushie and a chocolate milkshake – but better.
And this caramel version? Otherworldly, people!
For this recipe, I used International Delight’s Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer. This isn’t sponsored – I promise! – I just adore their creamers and find them to be the most true to flavor. Plus, the flavor options they have are amazing! (Southern Butter Pecan, I’m looking at you!).
The coffee creamer adds wonderful creaminess (duh) but also a great caramel flavor that makes this drink taste like it came from an expensive coffee shop. Combined with a little milk, some ice, and some caramel-flavored hot chocolate packets, this recipe is perfect for any chocolate & caramel lover!
For the hot chocolate packets, I used caramel-flavored cocoa which I found at the grocery store. If you can’t find the caramel cocoa mix, please feel free to use regular instant hot cocoa mix! You can up the caramel ante by adding some caramel syrup (like by Torani), but that’s up to you and how caramel-y you want to make it.
So yeah. No other descriptions needed, right? Because OMG.
Caramel Macchiato Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups ice
- 1½ cups milk
- 1/2 cup Caramel Macchiato coffee creamer like by International Delight
- 3 instant caramel-flavored cocoa packets if you cannot find the caramel-flavored packets, please use regular hot cocoa packets
- Fresh whipped cream
- Caramel sauce chocolate sauce and caramel-filled candies for garnishing, optional
- In a blender, add in the ice, milk, coffee creamer and hot cocoa packets. Blend on HIGH power for about 30 seconds-1 minute or until almost smooth and still icy and frothy.
- Drizzle caramel sauce and chocolate sauce into glasses and pour the frozen hot chocolate in the glasses. Garnish with whipped cream, more chocolate and caramel syrups and the chocolate caramel candy. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: this recipe makes two large glasses or about 4 smaller glasses. Obviously it depends on the size of your glasses.
I think you guys will adore these super easy, super chill Frozen Hot Chocolate drinks!
Have a super sweet day!