If you’re on the hunt for something that’s unapologetically thick, chewy and LOADED with buttery caramel, chocolate and nuts, look no further, homie. These Snickers Cookie Bars are the stuff dreams are made of.
Admittedly, I’m not a huge Snickers candy fan.
I know, that should be blasphemous and someone should oust me from my position as a dessert food blogger.
BUT – hear me out.
I loved these bars. Loved them. I couldn’t get enough of that sticky, buttery caramel, gooey pockets of nougat-y Snickers pieces, and those crunchy peanuts. There’s something about food with a lot of great textures that has me obsessed.
And if you do happen to like Snickers, then you can thank me later because these bars will be your new BFF.
So let’s break down the anatomy of these gooeylicious bars, shall we?
First: you’re going to need two (24-count) packages of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, or 1 (30 oz) log of cookie dough. Either one works, and whatever brand you prefer is fine & dandy. Alternatively, you may use your own favorite cookie dough recipe (may I suggest mine?) or a couple of boxes of cookie mix (like by Krusteaz, perhaps?).
Anyway, you line an 8×8″ square baking pan with foil, spray the heck out of it, and spread half of the dough in an even layer on the bottom. Easy, right? You’re halfway there! Top it with chocolate chips, chopped up Snickers pieces, chopped peanuts, and a glorious caramel sauce that will make you audibly groan. Then pop on the second layer of cookie dough, either by forming a nice little square of dough and laying it on top, or ripping and smooshing pieces of dough together to form an even layer on top. Whatever floats your doughy boat.
Then bake, let it cool (seriously, this is the most important step!), and cut into bars. Easy peasy, Snickers squeezy. Or something like that.
Thick & Chewy Snickers Cookie Bars
- 2 (24-count each pkg) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough OR 1 (30 oz) log refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, at room temperature (or you may substitute your own homemade cookie dough recipe)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11 oz pkg) snack-size Snickers bars unwrapped and chopped
- 1 cup chopped peanuts I used unsalted
- 1 (11 oz pkg) caramel bits or caramels unwrapped if using caramel squares
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8" or 9x9" square baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray.
- Unwrap one package of the refrigerated cookie dough (or cut the large log of dough in half). Press the dough evenly into the baking pan and bake for approx. 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven but keep the oven on.
- Sprinkle the cookie layer with the chocolate chips, chopped Snickers bars, and chopped peanuts. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the caramel candies and the sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on HIGH power for about 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave again if needed for another 15-20 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the caramel evenly over the bars. Top with the remaining cookie dough by either forming it into a square shape on a cutting board, picking it up and laying it on top of the bars, or by tearing off little pieces of dough, gently smooshing them in the palm of your hand, and laying them on top of the caramel almost like a puzzle.
- Bake for approx. 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and just about set. If it's sloshing around in the pan, bake it for another 5-10 minutes. It's okay if it's a little bit jiggly. Cool COMPLETELY, then pop in the fridge for about 1-2 hours or until it's sufficiently chilled before cutting into bars.
Super gooey, super chewy, ultra thick and perfect for any Snickers lover!!
Have a super sweet day!
Love Snickers?! Then you’ll ADORE these other Snickers-inspired treats!