Anyone out there like peanut butter cups?
I can’t see you, but I can imagine you’re all raising your hands. Because who doesn’t like peanut butter cups?!
If you’re sitting there with your hands in the air, facing the computer like a weirdo (KIDDING!), then you’ll probably love this No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart. It tastes like a gigantic peanut butter cup but with an Oreo cookie crust.
Let me break this madness down for you.
So let’s start with the Oreo crust. Grind up (or smash up) a whole package of Oreo cookies. I used regular ol’ Oreos because there’s less filling to gob up on ya in the food processor, but if you have Double Stuf at home, by all means, use that. Anywho, pulverize it until it’s a fine crumb and toss in some melted butter until it’s moistened and combined.
Press that into a greased 9-or-10″ tart pan with a removable bottom. If you don’t have a tart pan, press it into a greased 9″ pie plate – simple! You’ll just have a pie instead of a tart. No one will judge you – promise!
Pop that crust into the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. This will let everything set up nicely and eliminates the need to bake the crust. Can I get a collective “YAY” for not having to turn on your oven?!
Once that’s chilled sufficiently, make your filling. Mix together some peanut butter, butter and a teensy bit of cream cheese which really makes it creamy and rich. Once that’s combined, add in powdered sugar, a smidgen of corn syrup (which helps hold everything together) and a splash of vanilla. The mixture will be thick, glossy and pourable… so pour it up into the crust and chill that filling for at least 30 minutes.
After that goodness is nice and set, you can make your ganache, aka, my favorite part. Who doesn’t enjoy ganache? I would like to meet them and quiz them on their bizarre upbringing which led to this unfortunate personality flaw.
I used dark chocolate chips for a really pure chocolate flavor, but you can absolutely use milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Use what you’ve got on hand! Melt together the chocolate chips and some heavy cream until smooth, glossy and rich, then pour it on and spread it evenly on top of the filling layer. Chill that mishegas for about 20-30 minutes to set the ganache.
And I promise, that’s it. I know it’s a lot of chilling, but that’s what ya gotta do to avoid baking during the summer. It’s a sacrifice I think you’ll be willing to make 🙂
So. Who wants a gigantic peanut butter cup to kick off the weekend?! (Psst- this would make a great Memorial Day BBQ dessert!)
*filling adapted from here
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- 1 pkg Oreo cookies finely ground
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 oz (1/2 pkg) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR GANACHE:
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips about 1 package
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Liberally grease a 9" or 10" tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray. Place the tart pan onto a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs with the melted butter until moistened and coated. Press the crumbs into the prepared pan and up the sides in an even layer. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes, or freeze for about 15 minutes.
- While the crust chills, make your filling. In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, butter and cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the powdered sugar, corn syrup and vanilla until mixture is thick and smooth. Pour the mixture into the chilled crust, smooth out the top and chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Once the filling has chilled, make your ganache. In another large microwaveable bowl, add in the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH power for about 35 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for about 35 seconds. Stir again until the chips are melted completely and the mixture is smooth and glossy. Pour the mixture over the tart and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes or until set before cutting into wedges.
Smooth, creamy, chocolaty and bursting with sweet-and-salty peanut butter filling, everyone will love this delectable no-bake tart!
Love Chocolate & Peanut Butter? Check out my other recipes!
Have a super sweet day!