Okay, let me apologize in advance for doing this to you guys.
I am so sorry.
These bars are worth apologizing for. To your family, to your friends, to your thighs. To any semblance of willpower you have left in your ever-loving souls.
These bars are that good.
I mean, I don’t need to apologize to myself for anything because I have no shame. I’m not eating for a bikini body, I’m not eating to nab a man, I’m not posing on the cover of Shape anytime soon (unless they want a chubby, tattooed girl then heeyyyy!). I’m not even on any shred of a diet. I’m on the anti-diet. The eat-everything-in-sight-especially-if-they’re-Doritos-diet. So if you’re a curvy, food-loving non-dieter like me, you won’t have anything to apologize for.
But if you eat quinoa salads on the reg, the cashiers at Whole Foods know you by name and you regularly pick up a 5-pound weight (that isn’t a cake – JUST CLARIFYING), then you probably will hate me for the duration of this post because I’m about to tell you that these Biscoff White Chocolate Gooey Bars are a MUST MAKE. Absolutely, 100% necessary in your diet.
If you haven’t had it, Biscoff is both a cookie and a cookie butter spread. If you’ve flown Delta, you should be familiar with them – they are the packages of cookies that Delta attendants hand out. You know, the spicy, crunchy cookies with their dark amber color and addictive qualities? Well, they make those cookies into a spread which has the consistency of peanut butter but tastes like those cookies ground up. I’ll wait while you find a napkin to simultaneously groan into and wipe the drool.
Back? Cool. So anyway, I put Biscoff spread into these gooey bars which was kinda genius on my part, and I don’t consider myself a genius by any means. Watching Kardashians will do that to your brain. It’s like my frontal lobe is on a constant loop of Kylie Jenner’s mouth saying “liiiiiiterally” in really slow motion.
ANYWAY, you bake up your gooey bar filling and add in Biscoff because you’re a genius like me. And then you pour that goodness over an easy cake mix base and white chocolate chips. Bake it until it’s golden and just about set – a little wiggly jiggly is okay – and then cool it completely (this is imperative!) before cutting into squares.
I know that cooling it is really hard, but trust me – you’ll have a gloopy mess on your hands if you don’t. And doesn’t waiting make the heart grow fonder? Or something? Whatever.
So yeah. If you’re on a diet, I advise you to eat with a side of caution. And if you’re not on a diet, cheers!
Biscoff White Chocolate Gooey Bars
- FOR CRUST:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 egg
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 (8 oz pkg) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup Biscoff spread the smooth kind
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 (16 oz box) powdered sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Additional powdered sugar for dusting over bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter and egg until a soft dough forms. Press evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the white chocolate chips.
- Wipe out the bowl and add in the cream cheese. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the Biscoff spread and beat to combine. Add in the eggs and melted butter, mixing carefully. Lastly, add in the powdered sugar until thick and combined.
- Pour the filling mixture evenly over the base and bake for approx. 35-40 minutes or until the center is just about set and the bars are only slightly jiggly. They shouldn't be sloshing around in the pan, but a little jiggle is okay. Cool completely, then refrigerate for AT LEAST 2 hours, preferably overnight, before cutting into bars. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
SO unapologetically GOOEY. I love the sweetness from the white chocolate, but these would also be amazing with chocolate chips!
Be sure to PIN this recipe to your favorite board to save it for later!
Have a super sweet day!