Usually I’m not a big fan of spring, but I’ve come around to it this year.
For one, we’ve been blessed with wonderful weather here in California. I love the rain, so I’m welcoming El Nino with open arms. But on the days when it isn’t raining, it’s perfectly sunny and not too warm, not too cool. If it could be like this forever, I’d never leave!
I think my change of heart has to do with the fact that I found an allergy medication that works. Oh, how I love thee, antihistamines.
That, and I have about a bajillion sun dresses that I need to wear ASAP.
Okay, fine. That, and I love spring flavors. There’s something so refreshingly light and tasty about lemon and blueberries – besides the fact that they pair so beautifully together! Lemon just adds the right amount of tartness to any dessert recipe, and the blueberries bring such amazing sweetness and color. Together, this duo is killing it at this whole spring thing!
And that flavor combination is the inspiration for this gorg Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake. I mean… no words, people. I need an excuse to bring this to a springtime brunch or soiree because it’s the perfect sidekick to any party or get-together!
This cheesecake is so supremely creamy and dreamy, and it’s loaded with tart lemon flavor that adds such a wonderful brightness and lightness. Just before it’s baked, I swirled in some of Lucky Leaf’s Blueberry Fruit Topping, which adds tremendous flavor and a lovely purple-y blue swirl. Then I baked it until it was just about golden and set. I’m a brand ambassador this year for Lucky Leaf and I love their products and know you’ll love them, too.
Once it has time to chill in the fridge, it’s eating time! Just before serving, I highly recommend topping it with a healthy helping of more Lucky Leaf Blueberry Fruit Topping. Have you had the stuff? It’s just divine. Fruity, sweet and sublime. I eat fruit topping on just about anything I can, from pancakes & waffles to cake slices and cheesecake.
Lastly, I serve it up with a dollop of whipped cream and a lemon wedge in case someone wants to impart more of that juicy, bright lemon flavor. Either way you slice it, you’ve got one helluva yummy cheesecake on your hands!
So rejoice in the spring season with me and make this cheesecake!
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- 2 (8 oz pkgs) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Premium Blueberry Fruit Topping & Filling divided
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Whipped cream and lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the graham cracker crust onto a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until creamy and smooth, about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add in the sour cream and lemon zest and beat to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake into the graham crust. Top with 5-6 heaping dollops (about 2-3 Tbsp or so) of blueberry fruit topping onto the cheesecake in a circular pattern. Using a clean butter knife, swirl the blueberry fruit topping into the cheesecake.
- Bake for approx. 35-40 minutes or until the center is just about set - if it wiggles a little, that's okay. Cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set. Just before serving, top the slices with more blueberry fruit topping and garnish with whipped cream and a lemon wedge.
Creamy, light, lusciously smooth and bursting with fresh lemon and blueberry flavors, you’ll love this fabulous cheesecake!
Have a great day!
In the interest of full disclosure, I am working as a blog ambassador for Lucky Leaf. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep my blog business afloat!