Let me preface by saying I did not come up with the name ‘slutty brownies.’ Actually, I’m not sure where it came from, but surely the person who concocted such a name had a dirty sense of humor and loved making outrageous baked goods.
In other words, person – please be my best friend.
But really, slutty brownies are something that you should be excited over. If you haven’t heard of them before, they’re basically a chocolate chip cookie dough layer, topped with Oreos, and finished with a smothering of brownie batter, baked until done, and served up gooey. You could totally bake them in a pan and call it a day, but I wanted to make adorable cups out of them, so that’s what we have here today.
For one, the cups provide portion control, and with swimsuit season quickly approaching, we all know how much that will help with our waistlines… unless you’re like me and ate several. And for two, they bake up quicker and more even than a regular pan. And they’re cuter, of course.
Honestly, these are totally customizable, too – use a different flavor cookie dough or Oreo and you can totally change up the flavors. Peanut butter cookie dough with peanut butter Oreos would be great, or even sugar cookie dough with mint Oreos. Whatever floats your boat, homie.
But you must top these bad boys with some chocolate ganache. It totally sends these fantabulous cups over the edge and offers a nice, pretty, glossy finish. If you’re feeling extra sinful, top the ganache with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips. Gorg.
Whatever you do, indulge yourself and make these brownie cups! I promise they’re worth it 🙂
Slutty Brownie Cups
- 2 (24-count pkgs) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough at room temperature
- 24 Oreos
- 1 pkg fudge brownie mix plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Press together two cookie dough balls into the bottom of the muffin cup. Top with an Oreo, and lastly, with a heaping Tablespoon or two of brownie batter. Repeat with remaining cups. You may have some brownie batter left over - make a small pan or a couple brownie bites in a mini muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the brownie middles appear set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist, not wet, crumbs. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, make your ganache: in a medium microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream on HIGH heat for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and set for about 10 minutes. Drop Tablespoonfuls of ganache on top of each brownie cup. Serve.
Ultra rich, super decadent, and unforgettable – you guys have to give these a try!
Have a super sweet day!