I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season spent with friends, fam, and furry pals. I had an amazing holiday and mini vacay, and now I’m excited to be back and kicking off the new year with these Snickerdoodle Blondies!
But first – I have some exciting news I wanted to share with you guys.
Friends – I AM WRITING A COOKBOOK!! And I couldn’t be MORE EXCITED.
Most little girls dream of being singers or dancers, but my dream was to write a book one day. I would sit and write stories all day long, dreaming up plot ideas in my little head. Little did I know that I’d be writing not just a book, but a cookbook of all things. I’m sure little kid Hayley would be freaking out right now 🙂
It’s so surreal to me, actually. Signing the contract, sealing the envelope and delivering it to the publisher was a dream come true. And I’ve spent most of my vacation dreaming up some FABULOUS desserts for my book! I can’t tell you what they are yet, but just know that if you love this blog, you’ll love my cookbook!
And as I celebrate this momentous occasion, I have to celebrate you guys – my beloved readers. Without you, my site would not be as successful as it is and I wouldn’t have a career doing my dream job. Without your encouraging words, serious support and major love for all things sugary, I don’t know where I’d be today. So from the bottom of my butter-loving heart, thank you. I owe this all to you and I appreciate each and every one of you!
Now let’s talk about these blondies, which were promptly devoured .34873 seconds after my shoot was finished. They’re chewy, rich and buttery and packed with cinnamon flavor. I used my classic blondie base which never fails me and tastes splendid. Chock full of butter, brown sugar and vanilla flavors, baked until chewy and soft, and so versatile – you can literally throw anything in this batter and it’d be divine.
For this recipe, however, I kept it simple by adding in some ground cinnamon and topping it with cinnamon sugar. You could always throw in a couple white chocolate chips for extra texture and sweetness, but I wanted to keep these classic and they are. You guys are going to love them!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar (I used dark for richer flavor, but light works too!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- About ¼ cup cinnamon sugar mixture
- Optional add-ins: nuts, white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and remove from heat, cooling for about 5 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar until combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla, then the cinnamon, baking soda and flour until a thick batter forms. Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan and sprinkle liberally with the cinnamon sugar blend.
- Bake for approx. 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs (not wet). Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Have a super sweet day!