This happens every year. I get so excited about Christmas coming up that I freak out and snap and buy ALL THE THINGS for Christmas.
Aaaaaand now I’m done shopping. Like, totally forreals done.
But you know what will inevitably happen? I’ll forget all the stuff I bought, even after writing it down, and will continue to buy more things for my family and friends until Christmas Eve. It happens every year and it’s like a disease I can’t heal from. MUST BUY ALL THE THINGS.
Is anyone else like me and has all their shopping done?
And meanwhile I’m over here begging my family to let me decorate for Christmas, but they’re all, “it’s too early.. wait until after Thanksgiving” and I’m all “you’re crushing my dreams and will to live!” It’s like they just don’t comprehend the fact that Christmas is coming and I have to decorate my entire house like a freakin’ winter wonderland.
Yes, I have mental issues. You don’t need to tell me.
First, I suppose, we should acknowledge Thanksgiving and for that I’ve decided I’m making this Butterscotch Pie. It’s perfect for the upcoming holiday because it’s no-bake (yay for oven space!), it can be prepared a day in advance, and it’s so light and luscious and bursting with that rich, sweet butterscotch flavor.
Be warned, however, that this is only for serious butterscotch lovers! It’s made with a butterscotch base, topped with whipped cream, and is loaded with butterscotch sauce and chips surrounding the top of the pie for the ultimate butterscotch experience. Butterscotch, butterscotch, butterscotch… say that five times fast 🙂
Now make this pie! And convince my family to let me decorate, please?
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3.4 oz box) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz tub) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the box of butterscotch pudding mix and the 2 cups of milk until blended. Let stand for five minutes, then add HALF of the Cool Whip and fold into the pudding mixture until combined. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Gently spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top of the pie and garnish the trim with the butterscotch chips. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, drizzle with butterscotch sundae sauce. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Have a super sweet day!