I’ve talked about Trader Joe’s before, and I still feel the same way. But in case you don’t know, I love the store but I hate the clientele.
Every time I go, everyone and their mother is there shopping, so there’s never a great time to shop there. And everyone and their mother push their carts at about -58736 mph, thus always causing blockages in the aisles. And when you politely ask them to move? Chaos. Utter chaos. They act as if they’ve never been asked such an indecency in their lives.
And then there’s the whole shopping aspect. Everyone treats the products like they’re in a museum, holding up a package of frozen sweet potatoes like it’s the Mona Lisa, or staring in wonderment at a can of green beans like it’s the freakin’ second coming of Jesus. I just don’t understand what goes on in the minds of the average Trader Joe’s customer is all.
Meanwhile, I shop there on a mission: to be in and out as quickly as possible without forgetting anything. So I went yesterday and put my mission to the test, passing just barely. It was tough – they had just started handing out free samples and no one understands the concept of GRABBING YOUR FREE SAMPLE AND THEN LEAVING QUICKLY – but I made it out alive.
The parking lot, though? Whole ‘nother story.
Anywho, one of the ingredients I grabbed were Trader Joe’s chocolate chips. I like theirs a lot, and it was the inspiration for these Triple Chip Blondies. I don’t have a whole lot of blondie recipes on this blog which is a travesty since they’re my favorite dessert, so I’m fixing that ASAP with these bars. They’re gloriously studded with three different kinds of chips for a gooey, fantastically chewy bar that’s sure to please. And they couldn’t be easier to make, too.
Plus, this produces the best blondie base for any recipe. It’s chewy with a crisp top, gooey and rich, thanks to two cups of brown sugar and two sticks of butter… and a generous Tablespoon of vanilla extract. Then throw in the chips and you’ve got the most amazing bars. Trust me.
Triple Chip Blondies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the brown sugar until combined. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Lastly, stir in the baking powder, salt and flour until a soft batter forms. Stir in the three chips and spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for approx. 22-27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with fudgy crumbs. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Loaded with butterscotch, peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips, these Triple Chip Blondies are sure to please! Don’t like a chip flavor? Omit it completely or substitute with something else… white chocolate chips, toffee bits, or even mint chips.
Have a super sweet day!