It starts with a mix – Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix, to be precise – and then you totally customize it to your own preferences. So fast, so easy, so delicious!
With Halloween approaching, it’s likely that you’re already stocking up on candy for trick-or-treaters. Or candy for yourself. #nojudgments. Whereas Christmas is completely cookie season, Halloween is candy season for sure. Nothing beats Halloween candy, am I right?
So this recipe is totally perf for Halloween baking or apres-Halloween baking because it uses Halloween candy inside of it. Do I have your attention yet? 🙂 Good.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s completely customizable to your preferences. Don’t like Snickers? Kick ’em to the curb and leave them out. Love caramel candies? Throw a little extra in there – no one ever turned down an extra caramely treat. Obsessed with Reese’s Pumpkins? I won’t tell if you sneak a couple while you add them in. See? Totally custom.
For this, I used a simple mix of Snickers, Milky Way Simply Caramel, and Twix bars, but again, use whatever you have on hand or prefer. This would be ultra delish with Rolos and Reese’s cups, methinks … or try filling it with Cadbury Scream Eggs for a gooey treat.
Next up, you bake this glorious, candy-filled concoction until it’s nice and golden. The worst part about these bars is that I recommend you wait until they’re fully cooled & set before cutting into bars… it helps with the whole setting process so everything is settled before you slice. But if you absolutely can’t wait, I won’t blame you for cutting into each gooey piece of heaven.
Now who’s ready to make these bars!?
Candy Cookie Bars
- 1 pkg Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 heaping cup chopped assorted candy bar pieces I used Twix, Snickers, and Milky Way Caramels, but use what you prefer or have on hand
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together cookie mix, egg and butter until dough forms, hand kneading if necessary. Spread half of the cookie dough evenly into prepared pan. Top with assorted chopped candy bars.
- Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk. Top with the remainder of cookie dough.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the top is set. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Have a super sweet day!