Back in January, I made these Avalanche Cookie Clusters. And they rocked my face off.
And since then, I’ve been brainstorming other ideas of cookie clusters… mainly because I wanted an excuse to get my hands dirty and eat some glorified marshmallows.
And folks – these Tutti-Frutti Cookie Clusters are it.
They came to me when I was mindlessly snacking on a bag of fruity marshmallows, as I usually do. Marshmallows are pretty much my favorite snack around these parts.
And I thought that these marshmallows plus Fruity Pebbles would be the ULTIMATE treat. I mean, is there anything better on god’s green earth? (I think not).
Just add white chocolate and pie crust (!!!) and you’ve got one of these clusters.
The secret ingredient for these clusters is the pie crust. It adds a nice, crisp texture to these “cookies.” The marshmallows add plushness and chewiness, and the Fruity Pebbles add crispiness. Then there’s the white chocolate, which kind of encapsulates everything in this sweet, melty goo. (FYI: sweet melty goo is good).
*adapted from my Avalanche Cookie Clusters recipe
Tutti-Frutti Cookie Clusters
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 1½ cups mini fruit-flavored marshmallows
- 1 pkg vanilla CandiQuik
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or with parchment paper. Mist parchment (if using) with cooking spray. Place the pie crust on the baking sheet and, using a sharp knife or a pizza wheel, cut the pie crust into thin strips, then cut crosswise to make small, bite-sized squares. Separate the squares so that they don't touch as much, and bake for approx. 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, melt the CandiQuik according to package directions or until smooth. Working quickly, add in the cereal, marshmallows and pie crust pieces and toss gently to coat completely.
- Working fast, drop heaping ¼ cup-sized clusters of the mixture onto foil-or silicone-lined baking sheets. Because of the CandiQuik, the mixture could harden so it's key to work as fast as possible! Allow the clusters to set before serving. Store leftovers airtight, at room temperature, for up to a week.
Have a sweet day!!