I’ve been binge-watching Orange is the New Black for the last week. And frankly, I cannot get enough.
You know how the world kinda sorta stops when you binge-watch something? You throw any and all spare time out the window in lieu of staring at a television screen for hours upon hours a day? You neglect basic chores around the house because you can’t.tear.away. Hell, you even stay up hours later than you normally would and wake even earlier than usual just so you can watch onemoreepisode. Yeah, that’s been my life (or lack thereof) for the past couple days.
Granted, I’ve somehow managed to get some work done in between episodes, but for the most part, any and all free time has been dedicated in front of the TV, eyeballs glued to these inmates. I feel like a prisoner, but not really. You know what I mean?
And besides my siblings, who are bursting at the seams trying not to spoil the next episode for me and are waiting antsy for me to finish up this season, I don’t have anyone to talk to about it. I’m dying to discuss who I hate, who I like, who I’m suspicious of, and gossip like the woman I am. Whyyyyy do I not have friends? (Probably because in my spare time I’m binge-watching TV, but it could be worse).
But like I said, I’m still semi-productive. I mean, I made this Oatmeal Creme Pie Tiramisu didn’t I?
And you guys – this tiramisu is ridic. I mean, superfantastically ridic. The idea came to me when I was perusing snack options at the store for a later TV sesh. I spotted the oatmeal creme pies, thought briefly of tiramisu, and voila. The rest is delicious history.
And much like my show, I just can’t get enough.
Oatmeal Creme Pie Tiramisu
- 20 Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies
- 1 (8 oz) tub whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip Free thawed
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla with a handheld mixer on medium speed, until combined. Fold in the Cool Whip and set mixture aside.
- Lay 8 Oatmeal Creme Pies into the bottom of the dish. Cut the remaining two to fit until there's one solid layer of pies. Drizzle HALF each the chocolate syrup and coffee on top of the layer. Spread HALF of the cream cheese mixture on top. Top with remaining Oatmeal Creme Pies, cutting to fit if necessary. Drizzle with remaining coffee and chocolate syrup, then top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Dust top with cocoa.
- Allow the tiramisu to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Flavors develop better overnight. Cut into squares and serve!
This no-bake dessert is one for the books! Chewy, sweet, cinnamon-spiced and absolutely perfect. You’ll love this unique Oatmeal Creme Pie twist!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Gah!! Kids cramp my style. I want a binge watching marathon of that show. I think I need to pull an allnighter – with tiramisu!
Tiramisu is a must-have for an all-nighter!
Michele @ Alwayzbakin says
Those look fabulous! What a great idea. I know what you mean about the binge-watching. When I finally started watching The Walking Dead, I could NOT stop. Now I am convinced I can kill anyone at work with a pen through the forehead. 😮
Right? The Walking Dead is the perfect show to binge on!
Jennie @onesweetmess says
Life came to a screeching halt for a few days. The “Panty” scene is the best! This dessert is perfect for binge-watching occasions. Love it!
Haha YES! Love it. Thanks Jennie!
Oh, my gosh!!! I adore oatmeal creme pies! And they’re SO much better than ladyfingers!!! What an amazing dessert!!!
Erin @ Miss Scrambled Egg says
Hayley – I’m only on the second episode of the third season and I’ve already laugh and cried. The people at the gym probably think I’m a weirdo because I’m tearing up while I’m running. Oh well. 🙂 It’s such a great show. This tiramisu is the bomb. I need this in my life.
You sure do! Love the second season 🙂
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
I love this fun twist on tiramisu. The oatmeal cream pies are such a great idea! It looks incredible!
Thanks a ton Kelly!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
I’M YOUR FRIEND! TEXT ME ABOUT ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!
and this tiramisu is so genius and beautiful and looks SO YUMMY
OMG. Must converse with you!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
I’ve heard so many good this about that show! I need to give it a try.
You must! It’s so good!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
Oh, my freaking heck!!! You layered creme pies with tiramisu! I love you!!!! Those creme pies are my favorites!! What a fun treat!
Thanks a bunch Jocelyn!
Haha! I totally get obsessed with shows too. I love this unique tiramisu recipe. I just so happen to have some Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies in my cupboard!
Is that powdered sugar or granulated sugar?
Hi Stephanie, granulated!