For us, that movie is Mrs. Doubtfire. You’d think we’d never seen it before because we watch it constantly. Whenever it’s on TV, it’s on our TV. Whenever it’s coming up next, we always eagerly anticipate it beginning.
We are Mrs. Doubtfire freaks.
I mean, there are worse movies *cough*minions*cough* but Mrs. Doubtfire is an odd choice, too. I mean for one, it’s an old movie that I guarantee the generation of today hasn’t seen. And it’s one of Robin Williams’ best films, methinks. I actually think we watch it so we can see the run by fruiting and count how many times Sally Field makes that face. You know, that face. (Spoiler: she makes it the entire episode).
And frankly, it’s a nice change of pace since I’ve been watching back-to-back episodes of Orange is the New Black. It’s my new fave show, and I’m watching Netflix like it’s going outta style. Needless to say, not a lot of work has been happening. TV has a way of sucking my soul out in a way I love.
But I have done enough baking, and I baked something different for a change: this Peach Snack Cake is a hugely different thing for me to bake since I’m not a fan of peaches at all. But I know you guys are, and I do things for you, ya know. I put my peach-hatin’ aside and baked you this cake and I think – no, I know – you’ll love it.
Bursting with peaches and that sweet peach flavor, it’s the perfect summertime cake for any festivity!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (21 oz) can peach pie filling
- 3 eggs
- Whipped cream
- Fresh peach slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, peach pie filling and eggs with a handheld electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until blended. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for approx. 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool the cake completely before cutting into slices and serving with whipped cream and fresh peach slices.
Easy, fast and delicious – you can’t ask for a better cake! Even my peach-hatin’ family was eating this up. It’s our favorite with freshly whipped cream on top!
Have a sweet day!