I like them enough, but they have one fatal flaw: honking at me while I’m walking the dog.
There I’ll be, minding my own freakin’ business as I walk along our tree-lined street when some asshat drives slowly behind me and honks their horn at me as they drive by, waving maniacally in a clearly desperate act for friendly attention.
And in those moments, rather than smile and wave, I honestly would like to throw a large icy soda at their car and flip them the bird. Because who the eff honks at someone?
Honking is rude, no matter how you slice and dice it. I honk when I’m impatient at people in their cars. I honk when the person in front of me is too busy texting and isn’t going on the green. I honk at people driving 25 under the speed limit. I honk if someone cuts me off. But I don’t drive up behind an innocent human being minding their own damn business and blare my horn for everyone in hell to hear, especially the person who has now jumped ten feet in the air from being startled.
Some would argue my neighbors are being ‘friendly’, but I’d argue they’re being jerkfaces. Tomato, tomahto.
Personally, when I’m walking my dogs I’d like to not feel terrified when someone creeps up behind me blasting their horn from here to Timbuktu. Call me high-maintenance if you must, but dang, a simple wave will suffice. No need to be popping arms out of sockets from the intense waving and horn blaring, desperate for attention.
Anywho. After being frightened on my walks, I like to come home and indulge a little. After all, I did survive a drive-by.
These White Chocolate Fluffernutter Bars were the first thing I grabbed after being honked at a couple days ago. They’re super peanut buttery, sticky, chewy and ultra gooey, and they taste like a gigantic fluffernutter sandwich. What is not to love about these?!
I think they’re desperate for your attention, am I right?
*adapted from Averie Cooks’ recipe
White Chocolate Fluffernutter Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for dusting optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and oil with a spoon until a soft dough comes together. Press evenly into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk until combined. Mixture will be thick! Pour evenly over the top of the bar layer. Sprinkle the top evenly with the white chocolate chips.
- Bake for approx. 23-25 minutes or until the edges are set and the top is a very light golden brown. Center may still be slightly jiggly, but do NOT over cook. You want the bars to be gooey and they'll continue to cook up as they cool. Allow the bars to cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar, if desired, and cutting into squares. Serve.
These are so fudgy, super sticky and gooey, and absolutely, positively heavenly. I love the white chocolate chip top with its nice crunch, and the gooey fluffernutter filling packed with creamy peanut butter and sweet and fluffy marshmallow creme. These bars are to-die for!