This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PopIntoSAMS #CollectiveBias
It’s one of those treats that the second the aroma hits your nose, you instantly crave it. Or is that just me with all the foods? Don’t answer that.
I mean, you can’t go to a movie theater and walk past the popcorn, even if it is like $20 a bag now. It’s virtually impossible to resist the buttery, nutty smell of freshly popped popcorn and the irresistible, glistening butter coating on each fresh kernel.
But again, $20 a bag. Homegirl has to pay some bills so I ain’t got time for expensive popcorn.
That’s why I love ACT II Popcorn and teamed up with them to create this fabulous Nutty Buddy Popcorn! It is perfect alone or dressed up with chocolate, peanut butter and crunchy wafer cookies to create the best treat for movie night or your favorite TV show marathons, which my family and I regularly indulge in.
Nothing’s better than curling up on the couch with my fam after a long day of work, and of course, there has to be snacks. Movie night without popcorn is like a birthday party without cake – somewhere, a child is crying over it. So when we huddle together to watch something scary or laugh our bellies off during a comedy, we’re noshing on popcorn.
Most of the time I make plain ACT II Butter Lovers Popcorn since it’s the best popcorn around. It’s super buttery and delicious and pops perfectly every time. But for a recent TV show binge-fest, I decided to dress up the popcorn into one of my favorite cookies: the Nutty Bar. Those crispy peanut butter & chocolate wafer cookies are the bomb and my family loves ’em, so I knew creating a popcorn munch with the same flavors as those iconic yellow-box cookies was absolutely necessary.
For this recipe, I shopped at Sam’s Club where they have the big 28-count boxes of ACT II Popcorn. And if you download the Ibotta app, you can grab a $2 off coupon exclusively for Sam’s Club. Sweet! And can we talk about Sam’s for a minute? I just love their free samples! I tried the ACT II Popcorn at a demo over the weekend and they mixed it with Oreos. It. Was. DIVINE.
- 2 bags ACT II Butter Lovers Popcorn, popped and unpopped kernels discarded
- ½ pkg vanilla candy coating (I like CandiQuik)
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 8 crispy peanut butter chocolate wafer cookies (like Nutty Bars), roughly chopped
- 2 squares chocolate candy coating
- Line a flat work space with wax paper. In a large bowl, melt the vanilla candy coating until smooth and melted, about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Once melted, stir in the peanut butter until combined.
- Add the popcorn to the mixture and gently toss to coat the popcorn. Spread the popcorn out onto the wax paper in an even, single layer. Top evenly with the chopped cookies.
- Melt the chocolate candy coating in another small bowl until melted; pour the melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag, snip off the tip, and drizzle over the popcorn. Allow the chocolate to set, about 15 minutes, before breaking into pieces to serve.
This twenty-minute recipe could not be simpler to make! I love the crunch from the popcorn and cookies and the texture of the creamy peanut butter coating that blankets each kernel of popcorn. This is sweet, salty, and a whole lotta heavenly! What’s your favorite way to enjoy popcorn? Answer in the comments below! 🙂
Have a sweet day!