And I can guarantee you, I’m sad about it.
I’ve been longing for a beach day for awhile now. The beach is one of those places that is so strange to me since it offers both great relaxation and also hefty stress. Why? Because while the sound of the waves crashing, the water ebbing and flowing, the seagulls chirping, and the wind softly blowing, there are granules of sand stuck EVERYWHERE in places that sand should never see, there’s likely a frick-ton of wind blowing debris, sand and seagull feathers into my face, and there’s the teensy fact that I’m stuck wearing a swimsuit. Those poor other beach patrons.
In January when I went to the Caribbean, I wore a dress cover-up on the beach and everyone was puzzled as to why I wasn’t in a bikini. Um, because I’m about as pale as computer paper and my body looks like a giant lumpy thumb. Okay, not really, but it isn’t any Victoria’s Secret stunt-double either.
My point is. While I’m totally relaxed at the beach most of the time, there’s still that part of me that’s like OMG SAND NOOOOO and dreading removing my cover-up and revealing my paleness to the sun.
What I’m not afraid of? Facing these Oreo Cheesecake Bars. They’re seriously the easiest, foolproof cheesecake bars and they are the best in the flavor department. Rich, creamy, chocolaty and laced with crushed Oreo cookies and cream bits. SO AMAZING.
Don’t like Oreos? Feel free to substitute Golden Oreos, Taffy Cookies, or Nutter Butters for this insanely simple recipe!
But now… get some!
- FOR CRUST:
- 24 Oreo Cookies, crushed into very fine crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- FOR CHEESECAKE:
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- About 10 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped/crushed
- Hot Fudge Sauce, for drizzling on top, optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the finely crushed Oreo crumbs and the melted butter until combined and moistened. Press into the prepared pan in an even, single layer and bake for approx. 12 minutes. Remove from the oven but keep the oven on.
- While crust bakes, prepare your filling. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar with the paddle attachment and beat on medium for about 2 minutes or until combined and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating very well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and sour cream for about 1 minute or until the cheesecake is very light and smooth. Beat in the remaining coarsely crushed Oreo Cookies.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top. Bake for approx. 35-40 minutes or until the edges are set, the top is very light golden brown and the center is just about set and only a little bit jiggly. Cool completely at room temperature and then once cool, refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, before cutting into bars. Drizzle the room temperature hot fudge on top of the bars just before serving.
These cheesecake bars are OMG-worthy. Seriously delicious, so creamy, thick and just packed with rich chocolate and yummy cream flavor. I love the swirl of hot fudge on top, too – just drives that rich chocolate flavor home even more 🙂 You’ll LOVE these bars!