I’m super excited about this post for two reasons. One, because I love me some coffee cake, and these muffins are out. of. this. world delicious. And two, because C&H® Sugar (my favorite sugar brand) has just released two fabulous new products that you guys have got to try!
When I first started baking, I didn’t like how “precise” I thought it had to be. I really loathed measuring things, especially dry ingredients like flour and sugar, because of all the spooning and leveling that happens to get the exact amount. Along the way I’ve learned little shortcuts, but by far the best one I’ve seen is C&H’s newest: their Pourable Golden Brown Sugar in a handy flip-top canister!
C&H’s Pourable Golden Brown Sugar is a free-flowing brown sugar that doesn’t harden or clump and makes measuring out brown sugar so much easier–there’s no need to pack it in, and it measures cup for cup with the ease of a sleek, pourable dispenser with a resealable flip-top lid. The brown sugar inside is granulated, which makes for easy finishes for oatmeal, fruit, or crumbles (like in these muffins!). They’ve also released their Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar, built in the same convenient and sleek dispenser, which virtually eliminates the need to refill your sugar bowl (another task I dislike!). The Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar has finer sugar crystals, which are ideal for dissolving into beverages, like iced tea, hot coffee, lemonade, or smoothies, while rapidly sweetening them.
Plus, C&H is offering a super-fun sweepstakes to kick off the launch of their newest additions. Enter to win a $100 Visa gift card simply by answering me this: What’s your favorite way to use brown sugar? Answer in the comments below for a chance to win!
And in the meantime, save .75 cents off any canister with a special coupon! Simply click HERE to grab the C&H Sugar coupon, or HERE to grab a coupon from their sister brand, Domino Sugar, which is available in the eastern half of the US. You can also search for a grocery retailer near you to find the canisters in your area!
Now… who wants muffins? These Coffee Cake Crumble Muffins are so wonderful and are made with C&H Pourable Golden Brown Sugar for that rich, sweet, brown sugar flavor we all know and love in baked goods. These are impossible to resist and couldn’t be simpler to make with my new sugar shortcut. Let’s get baking!
*recipe adapted from my blueberry muffins recipe
- FOR MUFFINS:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup C&H Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR CRUMBLE:
- 1 cup C&H Pourable Golden Brown Sugar
- ½ cup C&H Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 muffin cavities with about 18 paper liners; set aside. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in the wet ingredients until batter just about comes together - batter will remain lumpy, and don't overmix! Overmixing leads to tough muffins. Set batter aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crumble ingredients. Stir until thick, coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full with the muffin batter. Top with a heaping Tablespoon or two of the crumble mixture. Bake for approx. 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and continue to bake for approx. 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
I mean, who can resist a muffin that’s bursting with brown sugary crumbles on top? Not I. Swoon. Be sure to connect with C&H Sugar on their website for recipes, news, and their .75 cent-off coupon! Have a sweet day!
In the interest of full disclosure, I am working on behalf of BlogHer for C&H Sugar. All opinions expressed are my own and I was compensated for this post and my unique recipe.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including a disclosure that your Tweet is a sweepstakes entry and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.