Much like how people dislike fruits in their dessert, I dislike lemon in my dinner. I don’t do savory lemon. Savory lemon is dead to me.
Lemon has zero place near my chicken. It should not be near pepper. In my eyes, shrimp and lemon had a falling out forever ago and are no longer on speaking terms. Likewise, it shouldn’t be zested on green beans or mixed with rice. It should stay among its friends in the desserts world, like cakes and pies and tarts and cookies where it belongs. All you people with your lemon chicken and rice make me shudder.
Sweet lemon is where it’s at! You can’t turn down sweet lemon; it’s your BFF, your confidant, your — perhaps I spend too much time alone with food. But seriously, sweet lemon is awesome and I love it best when it’s mixed with butter, sugar, cream, or white chocolate… among anything else in which it’s transformed into a heavenly dessert.
Sweet lemon doesn’t betray my taste-buds like lemon pepper chicken does. Seriously? Lemon and pepper and garlic? Nooooooo. It hurts my heart. But lemon and butter and white chocolate? Doable. Totally doable.
And this cheesecake pie? So insanely doable, it may as well make itself and just about does. It’s so simple, you guys. It’s a mere 5 ingredients – 6 if you count freshly grated lime – and it comes together in seconds, albeit needing time to chill. And chill we can — because I am obsessed with this luscious, lemony dessert and have been eating pretty much straight from the middle with a spoon after I took these pictures. You all should be so glad you don’t have behind-the-scenes footage of me after photo shoots. Dear lawwwwdddd help me and the food I shovel into my pie-hole so I don’t have to put it away.
(And is it just me, or is putting things away always THE WORST? Putting away your clean laundry, putting away the clean dishes, putting away the groceries, unpacking your suitcase… it is TERRIBLE. I would rather sacrifice my growing thighs than throw some pie back in the freezer. True story).
No-Bake Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Pie
- 8 ounces (One pkg) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz half of can pink lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip thawed
- Zest of one lime
- 1 prepared or homemade graham cracker pie shell
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, condensed milk, and pink lemonade concentrate with a handheld electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds. Turn up the speed to medium and cream for about 1-2 minutes or until combined and smooth.
- Add in the Cool Whip and lime zest and continue beating the mixture until it's completely smooth, light and fluffy, or about 2-3 minutes. The mixture will thicken up as it mixes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and place in the freezer to set, about 3 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer and cut into slices just before serving; store leftovers in the freezer. Pies taste perfect after about 5 minutes at room temperature.
This pie is everything. Sweet, tart, light and luscious, it has everything you could want in a creamy, refreshing dessert: ease of preparation, fantastic flavor, no-bake(!!) and it looks pretty. What more do you want?
Have a super sweet day!!