So after posting my 3-Ingredient Nutella Croissants, I’ve had these flaky, heavenly pastries on the brain.
And while I don’t typically endorse fruit-fillings in well, anything, I was shocked when I put a jar of strawberry jam in my cart to make these Strawberry & Nutella Croissants. Consider it an out-of-body experience, because these croissants are the bees knees and I’m so glad I went against my normal anti-fruit ban.
Just like the ingredients list for these bad boys, I’m keeping this post short and sweet. I have to dedicate my time to eating, not yapping. I’m sure you understand.
*adapted from my original croissant recipe
Strawberry & Nutella Croissants
- 1 pkg (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry thawed
- 3/4 cup Nutella spread
- About 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam I love Smucker's Simply Fruit brand
- 1 egg beaten
- Coarse sugar turbinado, or sugar crystal sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or line with parchment and mist lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- On a clean, flat and floured work surface, unroll ONE of the puff pastry sheets. Cut it horizontally on its natural perforations, creating three rectangular strips of dough. Then cut each of those rectangles diagonally, creating triangles. Repeat with the remaining dough, so that you have 12 triangles.
- Take a heaping teaspoon of EACH Nutella and strawberry jam on the widest part of the dough. Begin rolling the croissant up and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining croissants.
- Brush the beaten egg over each pastry and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Some jam may seep out from the croissants and pool around the croissants; this is okay - just break it off of the croissant if needed. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Don’t like strawberry? Feel free to substitute orange marmalade, raspberry jam, blueberry jam or even peanut butter in lieu of the strawberry.
Have a delicious day!