Alright, dudes. You got the Nazareth playing?
Now while the song is in the first few guitar riffs, get yo ingredients ready. We are gonna make some hard rocking donut cupcakes today.
Whaaaaat is a donut cupcake, you ask? Good question, young grasshopper. It’s that thing when you make a donut base but instead of fry it or put it in a donut pan, you bake it in a cupcake tin, ’cause rules are meant to be broken. And then you add a little dollop of frosting and a whole lotta peach lovin’, and voila, a peach donut cupcake.
Specifically, a son of a peach* donut cupcake.
Now you’re messing with a…
- 2 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 batch (or can) cream cheese icing
- ½ jar peach preserves
- CAKE MIX TOPPING:
- 1 cup yellow cake mix (just the mix)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Liberally grease a 24-cavity mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg + cinnamon to blend. In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter with the buttermilk, egg and vanilla; whisk together with a fork.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until batter forms; batter will be lumpy. Drop heaping Tablespoonfuls of dough into each mini muffin cavity. Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until muffin tops are puffed and lightly golden, and until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool the donuts in the tin for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks.
- Place the cream cheese icing into a piping bag attached with a round tip. Pipe little heaps of icing onto the tops of the cooled donut cupcakes. Immediately spoon peach preserves on top of the icing (you may want to heat the preserves in a small bowl for about 10 seconds to help loosen).
- To make the cake mix topping, in a small bowl, combine the cake mix and the melted butter with a fork and stir until coarse crumbs have formed. Sprinkle the tops of the donut cupcakes with the cake mix topping. Serve!!
Duuuuuuuude. The end.