Hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
With that said, prepare to be bombarded with about 347234872 more seven layer bar recipes in the next couple weeks. Forrealsies.
Seven layer bars are quickly becoming my new BFF. They’re like the ultimate go-to dessert because you can’t go wrong, the possibilities are seriously limitless, and they taste AHMAZING. Plus, you pour a can of sweetened condensed milk on top, and everyone knows SCMilk is like, nectar from the gods. Swear it. It says on the package.
They’re my go-to. My trusty companion.
Like, on the level of excuses, it’s as crazy and farfetched as “my dog ate my homework” but on the practicality level, it’s totally a “I have a migraine and it’s making me stabby.” People are going to think it sounds odd at first, but they’ll soon realize it makes sense. Unlike this entire paragraph which I’m sorry and ashamed I wrote.
Anywho. Seven layer bars flavored like that go-to snack, the peanut butter + jelly. Sweet raspberry jelly paired with salty peanut butter, swirled harmoniously together on a yellow cake base and topped with tons of magical candies, nuts and goodies sure to tantalize your mouth-hole.
Get yo PBJ on.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup Reese's peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped peanuts (I used the sundae topping kind in a can)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chocolate chips
- 1 cup raspberry M&M's
- ¾ cup Ghiradelli Dark & Raspberry chocolate squares, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with foil, extending the sides over the edges of the pan. Lightly mist with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and melted butter--mix until a stiff dough forms. Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 12 minutes or until lightly set in the middle.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately top with the Reese's cups, peanuts, peanut butter chips, semi-sweet chips, raspberry M&M's and chopped Ghiradelli chocolates in an even layer. Drizzle the can of scmilk over the top of the bars and return to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or so, or until the bars are bubbling and set in the center. Cool completely before gently lifting from the pan using the foil handles and cutting into bars. Store airtight, at room temperature, for several days.
Sticky, chewy, sweet, and gooey .. these bars are reminiscent of a favorite lunch box staple but in a candy-coated square of heaven. The combination of flavors and textures from the different candies, as well as the different tastes (sweetness from the raspberry jelly seeping from each Ghiradelli chocolate, the salty peanut butter oozing from the Reese’s cups), makes this treat a delicious experience in every bite. You’ll love these unique bars and so will your kiddos!! The only thing missing is a tall glass of milk 🙂
Tash @ The Velvet Moon Baker says
Heaven! These sound tasterific (did I actually just type that?) but no, seriously I bet these are UH-MAZE-ING! I really need to try and make some sort of 7 layer bar
Savory Simple says
A Sweet Baker says
You’re a genius Hayley! Love the combination…classic. And, you’re right…my kids will love them 🙂
Holy cow – so awesome, Hayley!!
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
Need these in my life! ASAP!
Those look wonderful! Hey, could you email me your contact info? You were chosen as an alternate winner for a BlogHer sweepstakes on my site. So, if the winner doesn’t respond, YOU WIN! Woop!!
These look so gooey! I am not sure where my other comment went, but when you get a chance email me your contact info. You were chosen as an alternate winner for a BlogHer Sweepstakes on my site, so if the winner doesn’t respond, you win!
Oh my gosh, I can’t keep up with all the amazing recipes I need to make from your site! These look incredible!
Back for Seconds says
You are so right about 7 layer bars. They are the best! These look killer with those m&m’s and pb cups…holy cow!
Britt @ Lovin' From the Oven says
These look freakin’ DELICIOUS. Can’t wait for more 7-layer bars!
Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl says
I am loving every single picture in this post, Hayley! These bars look so bright and cheery and full of PB&J deliciousness! I think I’ll have to make some of these for Doodle (or for me, whatever).
How funny is it that you, me, Ashton, and Jocelyn all posted magic bars within a 24 hour period. These are amazing Hayley!
Heather @French Press says
how did I not know about raspberry M&M’s – berry anything ROCKS – these looks too good to be true
Baking Serendipity says
Best twist on PB&J I’ve seen in so long! I love this!
how to get free clash of clans gem says
Hello everyone, it’s my first go to see at this web
site, and post is in fact fruitful for me, keep up posting these
types of content.