Chocolate Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars
These rich, indulgent bars are loaded with chocolate, chocolate and MORE chocolate for a fudgy, thick and chewy bar that's hard to resist!
Servings: 15 -24
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 "Giant" Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars 7 oz each, unwrapped
- 1 "King Size" Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar 2.5-3 oz each, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sundae sauce
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Liberally grease the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and oil with a spoon until a soft dough forms. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 12 minutes, then remove from the oven but keep the oven on.
Top the crust layer with the Hershey's bars to cover the entire surface. Immediately top with the assorted chocolate chips evenly. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the hot fudge and sweetened condensed milk; pour the mixture evenly over the bars.
Return to the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the center is just about set and bubbly. Cool completely in the pan, preferably overnight. Once bars are completely cooled, cut into squares and serve.