Red Velvet Seven Layer Bars
Red Velvet Cake fans, these are for YOU! Layers of gooey red velvet deliciousness combine to create these indulgent, heavenly bars, featuring Oreo's newest Red Velvet cookie flavor. If you can't find the Oreo cookies, substitute with your favorite red velvet bakery cookies.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 pkg. Red Velvet Oreos coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pkg Dove Milk and Red Velvet Swirl Chocolates available at Target - if you cannot find these, substitute with a regular milk chocolate and white chocolate swirled candy, like by Hershey's Kisses or Dove, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 pkg (9-count) vanilla creme Peeps chopped into chunks
- 1 cup Red Velvet M&M's candies
- About 9 miniature red velvet cupcakes frosted and prepared from your favorite bakery, roughly chopped in half
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and oil with a spoon until a soft dough forms. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 12 minutes. Remove from the oven but keep the oven on.
Top the crust evenly with the chopped Peeps first, then layer evenly with the Oreos, red velvet chocolates, chopped red velvet cupcakes, white chocolate chips, and M&M's candies. Drizzle evenly with the sweetened condensed milk. Return to the oven and continue baking for another 20-22 minutes or until the top is bubbly and golden and center appears set.
Allow the bars to cool completely before gently lifting out of the pan and cutting into squares. Serve immediately, or store leftovers airtight at room temperature.