Oreo Cookies & Cream Banana Bread
This delightful banana bread combines my classic Best-Ever Banana Bread recipe with, you guessed it, Oreo cookies! The result is a moist and sweet banana bread studded with chopped Oreos for a fun cookies & cream flavor everyone will love.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (about 1 small carton) Greek yogurt (I used vanilla flavor, but you may use banana or even plain)
- 2 cups mashed banana from about 3-4 medium-sized brown or black bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small box cookies & cream pudding mix if you cannot find this, use regular vanilla
- 1½ cups Oreo cookies coarsely crushed
- Trader Joe's Cookies n Creme Butter Spread optional for garnish but recommended
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, pudding mix (just the dry mix) and cinnamon with a whisk until blended. Set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and softened butter until combined. Add in the Greek yogurt, eggs and mashed banana. Using a spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just about combined, then fold in the crushed cookies at the last minute. Mixture may be slightly lumpy; this is OKAY and do not continue stirring as it will result in a tougher bread.
Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 30 minutes, then lightly tent the pan with foil and return to the oven to bake for another 30 minutes. Test bread for doneness at the 60-minute mark by inserting a toothpick into the center. It should come out with moist crumbs. Cool the bread completely in the pan before cutting into slices. Serve with the Cookie Butter slathered on top.