Root Beer Float Pie
This Root Beer Float Pie is creamy, dreamy, and ultra delicious! You'll be shocked at how close to a root beer float it tastes!
- 3/4 cup good quality root beer
- 1/2 cup milk I used 1%, but skim may be used
- 1 (3.4-ounce box) instant vanilla pudding mix sugar free may be used
- 1-2 Tbsp root beer extract start with one Tablespoon and add more if you prefer a stronger root beer flavor. If you want a really light root beer flavor, only use a couple teaspoons and adjust from there
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip Free thawed
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Cherries and whipped cream for garnish (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together the root beer, milk, root beer concentrate and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Fold in the Cool Whip until mixture is uniform and combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust and freeze for approx. 8 hours or overnight. Once frozen, cut into slices and garnish with whipped cream and cherries, if desired. Store pie in freezer.