The Easiest French Silk Pie
This French Silk Pie couldn't be easier! It has a no-bake option, isn't made with eggs like the traditional recipe, and comes together quickly. A must-make for sure!
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- FOR CHOCOLATE SILK FILLING:
- 2 oz German chocolate finely chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter cubed
- 1 (8 oz pkg) cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups prepared whipped cream
- FOR TOPPING & CRUST:
- 1 9" deep dish pie crust pre-baked according to package directions & cooled (to make this no-bake, use a prepared graham cracker or cookie crust)
- 2 cups prepared whipped cream
- Chocolate curls or shavings for garnish
First, make your whipped cream. In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream and sugar together on HIGH speed for about 5-7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. You should have roughly 5 cups of whipped cream. Divide 2 cups into a pastry bag fixed with a large open star tip or set aside to spread onto the final pie. Set aside.
In a large microwaveable bowl, add the chopped chocolate and the butter. Microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for another 15-20 seconds or until melted and smooth. Cool for about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Lastly, add in the chocolate, whipping until combined. Fold in 3 cups of the fresh whipped cream.
Spread the chocolate silk filling into the pie crust evenly and carefully. Pipe or spread the remaining whipped cream onto the pie's surface and garnish with chocolate curls or shavings. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.