Strawberry Pretzel Salad Bars
These Strawberry Pretzel Salad Bars are cool, creamy, refreshing, crunchy, sweet and salty goodness in every bite! Great for feeding and pleasing a crowd!
Servings: 15 -18
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 2½ cups crushed pretzels in between a coarse and fine crumb
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 8 ounces (One 8-ounce package) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (One 8-ounce tub) whipped topping thawed
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY LAYER:
- One box (6-ounce package) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries sliced or chopped into bite-size pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9x13 rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter and toss until moistened and combined. Pour and press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until set, then remove from the oven and cool. ALTERNATELY, you can omit the oven baking and freeze the mixture in the pan for 30 minutes or until set.
In another large bowl, whisk together the strawberry gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Cool for 15 minutes.
Lastly, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in the whipped topping until combined and smooth.
To assemble: Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the pretzel crust, completely spreading to the edges of the pan to create a "seal" so the Jello mixture is less likely to seep into the pretzel crust. Add the strawberries to the Jello mixture and stir to combine. Gently pour the Jello mixture evenly over the cheesecake layer and spread out evenly. Cover and refrigerate the pan for 4-6 hours or until set before cutting into bars.