These Snickers Cupcakes are super simple and ultra tasty! A moist chocolate cupcake topped with a silky peanut butter frosting, chopped Snickers bars, and a healthy drizzle of salted caramel sauce. Make these easy with boxed mix, or substitute with your favorite scratch-made chocolate cupcake recipe!
Servings: 18 -20
- One box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter do not use natural, as it has a more oily texture and can affect the frosting outcome
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 - 4½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 cup roughly chopped Snickers bars
- Salted caramel for drizzling
Prepare and bake the chocolate cupcakes according to package directions. Or, if you're using a homemade recipe, follow your recipe to bake your cupcakes. Cool the cupcakes completely.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until soft and creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add in the confectioners' sugar, beating about one cup at a time, alternating with heavy cream or milk ONLY if the frosting appears powdery or dry. Frosting should be light and fluffy.
Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Garnish with chopped Snickers bars and a heaping drizzle of salted caramel sauce.