Oreo Truffle Cherries
These Oreo Truffle Cherries are rich, chocolaty, gooey and sweet with juicy maraschino cherries in every bite!
Servings: 18 -20
- 16 Oreo cookies ground into fine crumbs
- 4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese softened
- 18 maraschino cherries with stems drained and patted dry
- 1 package chocolate Candiquik or candy coating
- Assorted sprinkles and/or white chocolate for drizzling and decorating
In a medium bowl, or the bowl of your food processor, add the Oreo crumbs and the cream cheese. Stir or pulse the mixture until moistened and combined.
Grab a Tablespoonful of the Oreo truffle mixture and roll it gently around the maraschino cherry, leaving the stem exposed. I gently roll it in my palm to get the truffle to adhere to the cherry. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining truffles. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
Melt the chocolate candy coating according to package directions or until smooth. Dip the cherry truffles into the chocolate mixture, using a spoon or fork to coat the truffle completely with chocolate. Allow chocolate excess to drip off, then either dredge in sprinkles of your choice or place back on the baking sheet and drizzle with melted white chocolate candy coating. Allow chocolate candy coating to set before serving.