It’s officially fudge season and this Chocolate Walnut Fudge is the best recipe I’ve tried! Sweet, chewy yet soft and studded with buttery walnuts, they’re super chocolaty and delicious!
So okay, I don’t know if fudge actually has a “season” per se, but in my opinion it does and we are officially in fudge season!
Growing up every year we’d go to a local network of apple orchards called Apple Hill, about an hour outside of Sacramento. It’s just a nice little day-trip escape where the weather’s usually a little cooler, you can peruse local artists’ shops and grab some apple cider and apple pie! They also have this little shop called the “Fudge Shop” where you can get AMAZING caramel apples and just about any kind of fudge you can dream of.
Despite the fact that they offer a plethora of fudge flavors, I am very traditional and love nothing more than a chocolate nut fudge. I personally think the combination of silky, creamy chocolate and nutty, buttery nuts are just too irresistible, so I never venture to try a more adventurous flavor.
This Chocolate Walnut Fudge is going to be a go-to recipe for the holiday season since you can cut them into small enough pieces to stretch the recipe for gifts or parties! Place them in a wax-paper-lined small trinket box to give away or arrange them on a dessert-themed “charcuterie” board for a get-together. Super simple to make, it comes together pretty quickly and tastes AMAZING!
This fudge has two types of chocolate for a good, well-rounded chocolate flavor: semi-sweet and milk chocolate. You can use all of one or the other, but I like the depth using two different kinds gives the fudge. This is a typical fudge recipe using evaporated milk (make sure you’re using evaporated and not sweetened condensed!) and marshmallow creme. In fact, you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand! For this particular recipe, I used walnuts – but pecans, almonds or hazelnuts would be equally delicious. If using almonds or hazelnuts, chop them smaller since they aren’t as soft as pecans or walnuts.
Rich, soft yet chewy, chocolaty Chocolate Walnut Fudge. Tis the season!
*adapted from AllRecipes
Best Ever Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- 1½ cups granulated white sugar
- 7 oz (One jar) marshmallow creme
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- Line an 8x8 square pan with foil. Lightly grease the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, add the granulated sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk. butter, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly while it boils for 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips and vanilla extract until chocolate melts fully and mixture is smooth. Stir in the chopped walnuts until just barely combined.
- Pour the chocolate fudge mixture into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm before cutting into small squares.
You are going to love this super chocolaty, nutty fudge!
Have a super sweet day!