Dr. Pepper Pie is a masterpiece of a no-bake dessert that tastes exactly like a Dr. Pepper float! Easy, delicious, refreshing and tastes like childhood!
So since apparently 2020 is just utter chaos, why not make a Dr. Pepper Pie?
I’m just surprised that the murder hornets had enough empathy to derail their plans of coming to the US since we’ve been going through enough. Thank you, murder hornets. You will not be missed.
Anyway, if you’re feeling like life is like the Wild West nowadays, you may as well make Dr. Pepper into a pie. I don’t make the rules (nobody does) but I do think you need to make this pie because it’s a good one!
Dr. Pepper Pie is basically a frosty, no-bake confection consisting of vanilla pudding mix, Dr. Pepper, some milk, Dr. Pepper flavoring (more on that in a sec) and whipped topping. Super simple to make and tastes EXACTLY like an icy cold Dr. Pepper ice cream float. I always remember drinking soda floats during the summertime and loving how refreshing and comforting they were after a hot day swimming in the sun. This pie evokes those same nostalgic feelings but in a unique pie!
You’ll simply whisk together pudding mix, Dr. Pepper soda, milk, and Dr. Pepper flavoring together until thickened, then fold in the whipped topping. Pour it into a graham cracker crust and freeze for (an agonizing) 8 hours or overnight until it is sufficiently frozen, frosty and delicious. Serve it with whipped cream and a cherry!
Now about the Dr. Pepper syrup. I recommend the Soda Stream “Dr. Pete” soda concentrate which is found on the appliance aisle next to the homemade soda machines (such as Soda Stream). It is a highly concentrate Dr. Pepper-esque syrup that packs a ton of flavor and really enhances this pie. You can omit it, but I highly recommend you do not omit it because it really brings out the Dr. Pepper soda flavor so it is powerful and extra delicious. Without it, you may just have a hint of Dr. Pepper flavor.
Icy, refreshing, cool and creamy Dr. Pepper Pie – need I say more?!
Dr. Pepper Pie
- 3/4 cup Dr. Pepper regular - diet soda not recommended
- 1/2 cup milk
- One (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix just the dry powder
- 3 Tbsp Dr. Pepper concentrate syrup such as "Dr. Pete" by Soda Stream
- One (8 oz tub) whipped topping thawed
- One 9" round graham cracker crust
- Whipped cream and cherries for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Dr. Pepper soda, milk, dry pudding mix powder and Dr. Pepper concentrate syrup until blended and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture with a rubber spatula, ensuring it is thoroughly combined and no streaks of pudding remain. Pour the pie filling into a graham cracker crust.
- Freeze the pie uncovered for at least 8 hours, or up to overnight, before cutting into slices and serving. Serve with whipped cream and cherries, if desired.
Cool, creamy, icy and refreshing with bold and delicious Dr. Pepper flavor, this pie is sure to bring back childhood memories!
Have a super sweet day!