Oreo Truffle Cherries are no-bake Oreo cookie truffles wrapped around a juicy maraschino cherry and enrobed in milk chocolate. A decadent, quick and EASY holiday treat!
This week, I’m going to LA to film a segment on the Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family TV show, and I am SO excited!
It’s my second time visiting the show as a guest and I absolutely loved my first experience, so I have no doubt the second will be just as amazing.
I mean… they have craft services. WHAT COULD BE BETTER?
A lot of people ask me if I get nervous for national television because… hello, it’s national television and is aired in approximately 325.7 million people’s homes. No pressure or anything!
But I actually get more nervous doing local TV for like, the 2 people who watch those channels. Why? Because local TV is far more work for me. I have to make all my stuff, haul it down to Sacramento, load it into the building, set it up under super hot, super bright stage lights, fret about my stuff melting or falling apart due to the lighting’s extreme heat, demo it on air, then quietly pack my crap up and haul it home. So much work and so much stress.
But national TV? I simply walk onto set and the food’s been taken care of by professional and talented food stylists, my hair and makeup have been expertly applied, and all I have to do is look pretty, not cuss on live TV, and talk about my book and desserts, which I do all day anyway.
Plus: craft services. I really cannot stress that enough!
So while I am a *little* nervous about any TV gig, I’m more excited-nervous than dreaded-nervous, which I’m grateful for. Because after this segment on Thursday (I’ll post on my social channels about what day it will air, as the show is not taped live), I’m free as a bird for holiday season planning which actually means I’m scheduled to the max and must drink large iced white coffees every day for the next 29 days.
Thankfully, I have one recipe down for my annual pass-out-treats-to-people-I-like list: these Oreo Truffle Cherries! These are a fun spin on classic Oreo truffles that are festive, unique, and simply divine!
You make your Oreo truffles like normal: with ground up Oreo crumbs and cream cheese. Mix it up until the mixture is nice and moistened, then roll it around a dried maraschino cherry with the stem. Wrap the truffle around the stem so it peeks out (and will have a handy handle to help dip into chocolate!). Freeze them briefly until firm, then dip the truffles in melted milk chocolate and dredge in sprinkles, or drizzle with white chocolate for an elegant look!
You can serve these cold if you’d like, or room temperature, and you can totally customize how many you’d like to make – it’s easily doubled, or tripled.. or even cut down to smaller servings. It just depends on how many Oreos and cream cheese you use, and of course, how many cherries!
Whatever you do, make these! The combination of rich, gooey chocolate Oreo truffles surrounding juicy, sweet maraschino cherries is a can’t-beat-it winner!
Oreo Truffle Cherries
- 16 Oreo cookies ground into fine crumbs
- 4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese softened
- 18 maraschino cherries with stems drained and patted dry
- 1 package chocolate Candiquik or candy coating
- Assorted sprinkles and/or white chocolate for drizzling and decorating
- In a medium bowl, or the bowl of your food processor, add the Oreo crumbs and the cream cheese. Stir or pulse the mixture until moistened and combined.
- Grab a Tablespoonful of the Oreo truffle mixture and roll it gently around the maraschino cherry, leaving the stem exposed. I gently roll it in my palm to get the truffle to adhere to the cherry. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining truffles. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate candy coating according to package directions or until smooth. Dip the cherry truffles into the chocolate mixture, using a spoon or fork to coat the truffle completely with chocolate. Allow chocolate excess to drip off, then either dredge in sprinkles of your choice or place back on the baking sheet and drizzle with melted white chocolate candy coating. Allow chocolate candy coating to set before serving.
Easy, fast and most importantly, delicious! This fun truffle will be a holiday staple for you this season!
Have a super sweet day!